- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Specialist Kwekersrecht en Merkenrecht
- Sales Manager - Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
India: Dutch agribusiness opportunities in Uttar Pradesh identified
Main objective of the agreement is to involve the Dutch agribusiness in the opportunities identified in the UP agriculture, food processing, and agrilogistics sectors. Both parties agreed to do so by investigating and jointly establishing training and knowledge centres on horticulture, potato production, agrilogistics, cold chain and value addition (processing). One of the main objectives of the UP administration is the development of knowledge and skills for farmers in UP.
Signing session at VNO-NCW with (a.o.) NAFTC charmain Mr. J. Hak, UP Chief Minister Mr. Yadav, and VNO-NCW chairman Mr. de Boer).
The delegation, led by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of UP, visited the Netherlands in order to get inspired by the Dutch practice and to gather ideas on how to improve the production, marketing, distribution and processing of its food products. This provides an interesting opportunity for Dutch companies. Currently, agriculture and food produce worth over US$ 7 Billion passes through the channels of Agricultural Marketing Board of UP annually.
NAFTC roundtable session
During the NAFTC expert meeting on Monday 1 September, the delegation was advised by several Dutch companies and knowledge institutes on the above mentioned fields. NAFTC offers its local network to accommodate the cooperation between the Dutch companies and the Uttar Pradesh state.
In order to continue building on this meeting, a Letter of Intent was signed the day after, during a meeting at VNO-NCW (Largest employer’s organization in the Netherlands).
During the next months the NAFTC India office in Delhi and the government of UP will further elaborate on this cooperation agreement and identify the first projects to be implemented.
For more information
T: +31 (0)79 35 31 390
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 German greenhouse growers unite in new cooperation
- 2022-01-26 Frost risking greenhouse products in Albania
- 2022-01-26 India: Tomato prices crash in Chennai market
- 2022-01-26 World cucumber production breaks records in 2020
- 2022-01-25 Fresh produce prices expected to soar
- 2022-01-25 The 10 hottest chili peppers in the world
- 2022-01-25 "If you grow organic spinach you are onto a winner"
- 2022-01-25 India among largest exporters of cucumbers and gherkins
- 2022-01-25 'US consumers see impact of shipping backlogs and high truck rates when they do their shopping'
- 2022-01-25 "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- 2022-01-25 Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- 2022-01-25 "Paying in local currency could save European plant exporters plenty of money"
- 2022-01-25 Bulgaria: Greenhouse vegetables prices might jump in spring
- 2022-01-24 "There is no shortage of supply of fresh produce in South Australia"
- 2022-01-24 "We hope the sprout market will improve once the Belgian measures are eased"
- 2022-01-24 UK: Defra urged to respect levy vote result
- 2022-01-24 Three Turkmen enterprises get permission to supply tomatoes to Russia
- 2022-01-24 Spanish tomato exports to the UK remain at the same level they were before Brexit
- 2022-01-21 Strategies to manage supply chain issues
- 2022-01-21 EU puts a stop to tomato fraud gang