- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
India: Dutch agribusiness opportunities in Uttar Pradesh identified
Main objective of the agreement is to involve the Dutch agribusiness in the opportunities identified in the UP agriculture, food processing, and agrilogistics sectors. Both parties agreed to do so by investigating and jointly establishing training and knowledge centres on horticulture, potato production, agrilogistics, cold chain and value addition (processing). One of the main objectives of the UP administration is the development of knowledge and skills for farmers in UP.
Signing session at VNO-NCW with (a.o.) NAFTC charmain Mr. J. Hak, UP Chief Minister Mr. Yadav, and VNO-NCW chairman Mr. de Boer).
The delegation, led by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of UP, visited the Netherlands in order to get inspired by the Dutch practice and to gather ideas on how to improve the production, marketing, distribution and processing of its food products. This provides an interesting opportunity for Dutch companies. Currently, agriculture and food produce worth over US$ 7 Billion passes through the channels of Agricultural Marketing Board of UP annually.
NAFTC roundtable session
During the NAFTC expert meeting on Monday 1 September, the delegation was advised by several Dutch companies and knowledge institutes on the above mentioned fields. NAFTC offers its local network to accommodate the cooperation between the Dutch companies and the Uttar Pradesh state.
In order to continue building on this meeting, a Letter of Intent was signed the day after, during a meeting at VNO-NCW (Largest employer’s organization in the Netherlands).
During the next months the NAFTC India office in Delhi and the government of UP will further elaborate on this cooperation agreement and identify the first projects to be implemented.
For more information
T: +31 (0)79 35 31 390
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 "Limited supply drives strawberry prices up"
- 2023-12-04 South African ports: dire situation
- 2023-12-04 Updates to bulk citrus HLB Quarantine Requirements
- 2023-12-04 German market gardening in a European comparison - food sovereignty and food security take center stage
- 2023-12-04 US farmers are suffering from extreme weather
- 2023-12-04 Spain: Andalusian greenhouse crops, on the verge of full production
- 2023-12-04 "The challenge lies not in marketing our products, but in maintaining production"
- 2023-12-01 USDA grant to support beginning farmer and rancher program
- 2023-12-01 "Warm September created Belgian strawberry supply gap"
- 2023-11-30 Brussels greenlights EU-New Zealand trade deal
- 2023-11-30 "Moroccan tomatoes sell well in Spain and the UK, but Dutch clients must get used to the prices"
- 2023-11-30 Survey: Prioritizing the challenges that accompany CEA spinach production
- 2023-11-29 "In recent years, romanesco broccoli has offered interesting price stability"
- 2023-11-29 Ireland: 44% farm income drop is a serious concern, says IFA president
- 2023-11-29 Bank of Kigali advises Rwandan agri-exporters on its financial solutions
- 2023-11-29 “Saturated” French tomato market