- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
UK: University students complete fresh produce placements
The students have been taking part in eight-week paid placements at the Fresh Produce Research Centre on campus, working alongside lecturers and research staff.
The placements are aimed at those studying plant science, environmental science, agriculture or horticulture, at an undergraduate level at any institution in the UK.
Taking part this year was Sam Ball from Bristol University, Liam Elliott from the University of Cambridge, Emma Micklewright from the University of Oxford and Jack Turner from Lancaster University.
Sam, who studies biology, investigated using a salt pre-conditioning treatment on kale. She said: “I decided to come to Harper Adams to do the placement as I’m really interested in the agricultural industry and there’s not a lot of exposure to the subject elsewhere.
“It’s been great fun. Because it’s so applied we’ve done things we haven’t done before, so it’s good to understand that side of research and science.”
Biology student Emma assisted with a project that hopes to reduce splitting in radishes. She said: “I’ve really enjoyed my experience and in terms of looking for jobs in the industry, this will be really useful as we’ve visited a lot of companies and businesses within the sector.
“It’s been good to have an insider’s look at the opportunities available for graduates.”
The students have been supervised by Dr Jim Monaghan, Principal Lecturer in Fresh Produce at Harper Adams.
Click here to watch a video about the students at harper-adams.ac.uk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Geographic advantage for homegrown-frisée
- 2023-12-06 "Late planting of winter strawberry plants meant that earlier volumes were lower"
- 2023-12-06 Vertically-grown cherry tomato introduced
- 2023-12-04 Malaysian vanilla farm expects first harvest this year
- 2023-12-04 50 fewer Dutch greenhouse vegetable growers by 2023
- 2023-11-30 Flanders makes a case for local Belgian ginger
- 2023-11-30 Multi-parameter soil sensor selected for integration into Aranet
- 2023-11-30 CAN (BC): Long Creek School will help NFJDWC grow native plants for restoration
- 2023-11-29 New partnership to explore weed species cultivation indoors
- 2023-11-29 “There is still a high demand for additional square meters for cultivation"
- 2023-11-29 Smooth transition for greens to Yuma in 2023
- 2023-11-28 "Delayed bell pepper plantings this season could lead to less watermelon being planted in spring"
- 2023-11-28 Tomato yields decrease in Morocco as the weather gets colder
- 2023-11-28 Fresh Select overcomes challenges to lead innovation in salad and leafy greens industry
- 2023-11-28 First expansion of allotment greenhouse Houten
- 2023-11-27 "Challenging weather conditions for lamb's lettuce sowing"