- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
US: New leaders take the reins at AFE
Gabriel Becerra, president of Golden Flowers in Miami, begins his role as chairman after eight years as a trustee. In his new role, Becerra will spearhead AFE’s efforts to advance the floral industry through research, scholarships and educational grants.
“Every member of the floriculture industry should be aware that the Endowment puts a big emphasis on finding ways to attract young people to our industry, as well as on promoting collaboration among different associations,” he said. “Our goal is to help build a stronger future for everyone who participates in our wonderful industry.”
Becerra has a long history of supporting the industry through committee work with the Society of American Florists (SAF), The Flower Promotion Organization, The Colombian Flower Council, the Association of Floral Importers of Florida (AFIF) and the Wholesale Florist & Floral Supplier Association (WF&FSA).
Charles Kremp and Bill Fernandez
Treasurer/Secretary-Elect Charles Kremp of Kremp Florist in the Philadelphia area has more than 55 years of experience in the floral industry and has served on the AFE Board of Trustees since 2009. A true family business, Kremp Florist is ranked as one of the top 20 florists in the U.S.
Kremp was inducted into SAF’s Floriculture Hall of Fame in 2011 for his dedication to improving the industry through marketing. He has also served as president of SAF, the Allied Florists of Delaware Valley and the Pennsylvania Florists Association. Additionally, Kremp Florist was selected as the WF&FSA National Retail Florist of the Year in 2006.
“It is an honour to serve the industry through AFE,” Kremp said. “The responsible stewardship that AFE has maintained since its inception has benefited our industry in many ways.”
New AFE Trustee Bill Fernandez is president and owner of Continental Flowers, Inc. in Miami.
Born in Cuba, Fernandez came to the U.S. as a child and eventually settled in Miami. After being introduced to the industry by helping in his mother’s flower shop, he realized flowers were starting to arrive from Colombia. Seeing a ground floor opportunity, he started Continental Flowers in 1974, and the company is now a leading grower, importer and distributor of fresh cut flowers.
Fernandez also serves on the board of XTec, a technology company, and is past president and current board member of AFIF.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Maf Roda acquires Caustier
- 2023-11-27 Northern Lights and Yara sign agreement on CO2 transport and storage
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-22 USDA PACA updates
- 2023-11-22 Ukraine: Grants of 503.3 thousand euros distributed to develop orchards and greenhouses
- 2023-11-21 Rabo horticulture barometer: business confidence up slightly
- 2023-11-21 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together
- 2023-11-20 Supporting Texas veteran with military makeover
- 2023-11-20 US (OR): Griffin to relocate Salem warehouse to Gresham to accelerate retail expansion
- 2023-11-20 BioWorks welcomes Director of Sales and Distributor Relations
- 2023-11-20 Canadian greenhouse grower expands production to California
- 2023-11-20 "Flexibility and stability in transportation"
- 2023-11-17 "Turns out the two companies complement each other 100%"
- 2023-11-17 How AppHarvest's farming scheme imploded, and took its workforce down with it
- 2023-11-17 Andrew Tout elected Chairman of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-17 "Our pool of interim managers can help solve companies' bottlenecks and peaks"