- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Organic grower and shipper celebrates 10 Years of Fair Trade certification
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Netherlands: Paprika Nursery T&R Vollebregt works with harvest predictor Zettingswijzer.nl
For a modern breeder, a business without email is unthinkable. Klimlink stems from the digital prehistory, but is still functioning to the satisfaction of many growers. Still, it moved with the times and recently introduced the Kaslink module, unlocking the local Klimlink database Climb to the Internet. Now, greenhouse data from climate computers are available to everyone.
As a first application, Zettingswijzer.nl of B-Mex now has direct access to climate data from Klimlink. B-Mex makes computational models suitable for use by growers and educators. Test client for this scoop is pepper company T&R Vollebregt in Bleiswijk.
Grower Robert Vollebregt is pleased with the successful test: "I was very pleased with the Zettingswijzer, but now it has become a lot easier still." Owner Fokke Buwalda of B-Mex "With such a data link, general knowledge can be converted into useful insight for individual companies." Klimlink owner Wim van Vliet is also very enthusiastic: "For me, a low cost price and reliable protection of the reference data is very important"
There has been a lot of interest from various businesses for both Zettingswijzer.nl and Kaslink, and both companies are committed in full to even more innovations. With this innovation, the greenhouse horticulture has access to new products that give hope in these difficult economic times.
For more information:
Wim van Vliet
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-16 Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- 2022-08-15 "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- 2022-08-15 New traceability technology working group launches
- 2022-08-15 Comparison of supplemental LED top- and interlighting for year-round production of cherry tomato
- 2022-08-11 UF researchers find genes responsible for several flavor compounds in strawberries
- 2022-08-10 Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- 2022-08-08 A mission to discover greenhouse robots in Japan
- 2022-08-08 Low-cost smart meter ready for farmers and agricultural partners
- 2022-07-22 "By adding spray booms, our roof washer became a real 2-in-1-machine"
- 2022-07-22 What is the added value of Software-as-a-Service for growers?
- 2022-07-22 "Horto Professional makes vertical farming customizable"
- 2022-07-20 'Easy-to-use growth model' combines weight and light
- 2022-07-19 "North America is a strong growth market for automation solutions"
- 2022-07-15 "I don't believe in automating just to automate"
- 2022-07-13 Greenhouse software tool helps growers calculate light distribution of growing facility
- 2022-07-12 Fluence and HAS University partner to explore dynamic lighting strategies
- 2022-07-11 Monitoring growing conditions and tracking strawberries with IoT apps
- 2022-07-11 “Autonomous Growing is helping us to achieve more”
- 2022-07-11 Trolleys help growers in hot climates deal with labor shortages
- 2022-07-06 Robots - the perfect worker when there are severe staff shortages?