- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US (IL): Organic farmers may get reimbursed for credentials
The Illinois Department of Agriculture announced Tuesday it will receive $271,800 from the federal government to reimburse organic growers and handlers who receive or renew certification this year.
The reimbursement covers 75 percent of certification costs, up to $750.
Agriculture Director Bob Flider says the funds will help growers who want to enter a rapidly growing market for organically grown products.
Operators must have current U.S. Department of Agriculture organic certification to get reimbursement. That means they must have received initial certification or have incurred expenses related to renewal between Oct. 1, 2013 and Sept. 30.
The money comes from the USDA's National Organic Certification Cost-Share.
Please visit www.agr.state.il.us for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-24 The advantages of vertical farming in Ukraine
- 2023-11-06 Ukraine: Business cultivates and sells microgreens and edible flowers
- 2023-10-26 “The State of Organic Growing" keynote presentation
- 2023-10-05 Frank van der Helm: "When considering destructive interventions in cultivation, think carefully about interventions that kill what lives"
- 2023-10-03 Regenerative agriculture and what it means for organic
- 2023-10-03 Growcoon officially approved for organic cultivation in Spain
- 2023-10-02 "Decisions on gene editing regulation in Canada must be made independently"
- 2023-09-29 Two new ed sessions announced for Organic Grower Summit
- 2023-09-04 Educational session on Strengthening Organic Enforcement
- 2023-09-04 Rugby league legend backing Australian Organic Awareness Month
- 2023-07-21 Organic greenhouse grown strawberry launched
- 2023-07-05 A unique aquaponic farm for growing microgreens is developing near Astrakhan
- 2023-06-21 Organic living lettuces in the spotlight
- 2023-06-20 Organic greenhouse grown strawberries will complement field category
- 2023-06-12 Two new papers for organic propagation launched
- 2023-06-05 "A great opportunity to showcase organic produce"