- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Non-destructively measure dry matter, moisture, soluble solids:
Felix Instruments announce handheld produce quality meter
Successfully applied to mangoes, cherries, and apples in research trials, the F-750 is capable of measuring multiple produce traits including total soluble solids, dry matter, acids, and moisture content to determine fruit quality in terms of taste, texture, and color. Potential applications include: monitoring fruit development, optimizing harvest timing, and inbound or outbound lot inspection.
“With the F-750, producers can harvest at ideal ripeness. It brings the power of instant analysis right into the field and adds up to offering a better product on supermarket shelves,” notes Michael Larman, General Manager of Felix Instruments.
The technology behind the F-750 represents a breakthrough in applying chemometrics to NIR analysis, and will be featured at the 2014 International Diffuse Reflectance Conference. The F-750 also measures alcohol and fat content in organic matter, allowing for potential applications in product management for brewers, vintners, and meat and dairy producers. “This instrument has so much potential,” says, Larman “we are only beginning to explore the possibilities.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks
- 2023-11-27 Egypt: Growers transitioning to soilless farming to counter water scarcity
- 2023-11-24 "The surging berry demand, and the North American market growth are our focus points"
- 2023-11-24 Why do crops grow better with more light?
- 2023-11-24 Addressing labor shortage and preserving heritage through AI farming
- 2023-11-23 Smart farming seen as the solution in Japan’s ageing society
- 2023-11-23 Google's GraphCast can predict weather with 'unprecedented accuracy'
- 2023-11-23 Asia sees growing need for high-quality produce and leafy greens
- 2023-11-22 Netting cages offer a solution for easy insect inspection of new plant material
- 2023-11-22 Bosman Van Zaal now official dealer of Elpress
- 2023-11-22 How AI-led climate modelling could save millions of dollars
- 2023-11-22 Viscon continues development Honest AgTech autonomous driving horticultural robot