- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- 21-year-old student establishes hydroponics business with only P1,000
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Digital printing breakthrough turns packaging into a communication tool
With digital printing, corrugated board is being transformed from packaging and protection to a new marketing communications medium, thanks to striking print quality, and the possibilities for customisation and creativity in design. "It is a real revolution," said Angelika Christ, FEFCO's Secretary General. "Now, with corrugated packaging, the medium really can become the message".
Angelika Christ, FEFCO's Secretary General.
At the same time, digital printing allows fuller use of new technologies such as QR codes and augmented reality (AR), enhancing the customer experience by making the packaging interactive. One example: Prospective customers for LEGO can scan the box and AR will bring the contents of the box to life on a screen. And along fragmented supply chains, unique QR codes printed on packaging are helping to share data.
Sean Moloney, Sun Automation.
Until now, the technology for digital printing on corrugated board has been mainly used for display POS and short-run samples. But this one-day seminar, “High Volume Digital Printing on Corrugated Board”, showcased how leading printer manufacturers can now produce high-volume, high-quality and competitively priced digital printing on corrugated board. New digital printing equipment was presented by ESKO, BOBST, Hewlett-Packard, Sun Automation, Barberan and XANTÉ, all capable of transforming corrugated board into customised and customer-oriented packaging and displays.
The challenges that this technology is also overcoming include ensuring brand colour consistency with digital print. But some of the challenges have to be met by changes in working pattern too - and notably by workflow automation. Digital print makes more numerous but shorter print runs possible - responding to the changing dynamics in fast-moving consumer goods markets. This gives rise to greater administration and re-organising the prepress work. According to Marc Van Damme, FEFCO Production Committee Chairman and Chief Technical Officer for VPK Packaging Group: “It’s not just about switching to digital, it’s about rethinking your work process”.
"Digital printing on corrugated board is no hype - it is a solution ready for use in everyday production," concluded Angelika Christ.
For more information:
Tel: +32 2 6500832
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps
- 2022-03-30 'Perfecting trade amid overwhelming global developments'
- 2022-03-24 UK: Plastic Packaging Tax comes into force on April 1
- 2022-03-21 "Avoiding excess packaging and wastage"
- 2022-03-18 Wageningen University & Research extends roadmap for more sustainable food packaging
- 2022-03-17 "US shows a strong demand for flexible and innovative packaging lines for greenhouse-grown produce"
- 2022-03-17 "Refrigerated vehicles can be kept at service temperatures thanks to modern e-cooling systems"
- 2022-03-16 Belgian strawberry grower creates tool to asses sustainability of packaging
- 2022-03-16 "Where are paper prices headed? That's the big question"
- 2022-03-16 Panic in label land
- 2022-03-15 Wholesum Springs launches seasonal organic tomato pack
- 2022-03-15 Het Packhuys will debut with the Fusion at Fruit Logistica