- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Nick Xenophon officially launches AUSVEG South Australia
Senator Nick Xenophon and AUSVEG Chairman Geoff Moar unveiling the AUSVEG SA commemorative plaque.
“South Australian vegetable producers contribute almost $550 million in gross value to the economy each year, providing jobs and spending vital to sustaining our regional communities,” said Senator Xenophon.
“With the launch of AUSVEG SA, the South Australian industry will benefit from the extension of the excellent work AUSVEG is conducting on critical issues such as country-of-origin labelling and alleged misuses of market power by the supermarket duopoly,” said Senator Xenophon.
AUSVEG Chief Executive Officer Richard Mulcahy welcomed the Senator’s attendance at the event, saying that AUSVEG SA looked forward to working with the Senator on challenges facing the South Australian industry.
“AUSVEG SA will play a vital role in representing potato and vegetable producers throughout the State providing on-the-ground support to link them with services and comprehensive representation of South Australian industry interests with government,” said Mr Mulcahy.
Mr Mulcahy said that the establishment of the AUSVEG SA Office would greatly enhance access to industry advocacy and industry programmes delivered through AUSVEG.
“The new offices will provide an on-the-ground presence to assist growers with services such as export development assistance, policy expertise and the communication of research and development,” said Mr Mulcahy.
“Our priorities for the coming period are to establish meaningful advocacy for industry with the recently-elected South Australian government and help the SA industry capitalise on opportunities in areas such as export development,” said Mr Mulcahy.
For more information:
Tel: +61 (08) 8391 4773
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"
- 2023-11-28 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-28 UK: Still time for agri and food-tech businesses to apply for innovation grants of up to £300,000
- 2023-11-28 US (AZ): USDA issues $250k grant to Tucson aquaponic farm
- 2023-11-27 Maf Roda acquires Caustier
- 2023-11-27 Northern Lights and Yara sign agreement on CO2 transport and storage
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-22 USDA PACA updates
- 2023-11-22 Ukraine: Grants of 503.3 thousand euros distributed to develop orchards and greenhouses
- 2023-11-21 Rabo horticulture barometer: business confidence up slightly
- 2023-11-21 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together