- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Driscoll’s announces changes to Chilean operations to advance Global Blueberry Growth
Brie Reiter Smith
In her new leadership role, Reiter Smith will be focused on key elements of the Chilean business and developing a new operating plan designed to further support Driscoll’s expansion in multiple markets around the globe. She will report to Soren Bjorn, Executive Vice President, Americas.
“Over the past year, we have been evaluating our global blueberry strategy and we are now ready to implement a number of changes designed to ensure our future success. As one of the first steps in this new action plan, I am delighted to announce the promotion of Brie Reiter Smith to her new role as General Manager of Driscoll’s of Chile,” said Bjorn. “Due to the changing role of Chile in the global blueberry market, we have adopted a strategy to focus our supply efforts to the period we believe Chile will remain the world’s leading source of blueberries.”
In evaluating their global blueberry strategy, Driscoll’s Global Leadership reaffirmed the Chilean blueberry industry will remain critically important for Driscoll’s to remain competitive. At the same time, Driscoll’s realized a need to become more aligned across geographies. As a result, the company is making a number of changes in Driscoll’s of Chile operations, relocating company headquarters to Chile and aligning support teams to streamline operations and focusing supply efforts on the key months of production.
Ms. Reiter Smith commented, “I am excited by the future of Driscoll’s presence in Chile. We are organizing our grower partnerships to capitalize on the ever increasing market demand for premium quality blueberries.”
Please visit www.driscolls.com for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"