- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Chilli farming in Senegal:
Barfoots’ varieties prove to be the spice of life
In 2014 alone the company has produced over 300 tonnes of chillies including Fresno, Jalapeño, Bird’s Eye, Finger, Scotch Bonnets and Jalokia – the infamous Scoville-Scale busting ‘Ghost Chilli’ otherwise known as the Naga.
The increase is driven by demand from both the UK and Europe, where consumer tastes for chillies are becoming more adventurous.
The success of the Senegal project will result in a 50% increase in production for the new season starting in December.
New varietal development has also been high on the agenda for European customers, with varietal exclusives such as Poblano, Shakira, Aji, Limo, Rocotto and Serano successfully passing through trials and now becoming available in commercial volumes.
Stated James Meers, Commercial Manager of Barfoots:
“Following this year’s success on NPD we are expanding our production in Senegal with unique varieties from Latin America, which are being demanded by customers with a growing interest in the region’s cuisine, from Pan-Andean to Mexican dishes.
These cuisines all require authentic ingredients to make recipes come alive. The fresh chilli category is really getting consumers excited. ”
Further sales growth is expected from retailers as their focus turns to retail opportunities for the Football World Cup Brazil and Olympic games in Rio 2016.
For more information:
The Little Big Voice ®
Tel: +44 (0) 208 338 0188
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 "60 percent of our production is sold via the Munich wholesale market"
- 2023-12-06 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-06 Construction of new Multivac production factory starts
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-06 Syngenta joins the Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"