Top 5 -yesterday
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
- Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- How to shift from optimal growth with LEDs to optimal energy usage
- Adjusting irrigation water: bicarbonates vs. pH
- Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
Top 5 -last month
Canada and B.C. fund agrifood innovation and sustainability
“British Columbia has a strong agricultural sector, with the potential to grow even more,” said Minister Ritz. “Through Growing Forward 2, we are investing in opportunities to enhance research and development and increase production and export capacities. B.C.’s agriculture and agri-food sector will be well positioned to maximize new opportunities our Government is achieving, such as the recently announced market access in the EU.”
“The GF2 Agreement is about ensuring our B.C. agriculture sector is using the latest knowledge and technology,” said Pimm. “The experience they will gain from these projects will help the whole sector compete internationally and maximize the potential of the increasing demand for high-quality food.”
The five-year GF2 policy framework came into effect on April 1, 2013, and provides a $3 billion federal, provincial and territorial government investment in innovation, competitiveness and market development.
The framework includes $2 billion cost-shared on a 60:40 basis for programs delivered by provinces and territories, as well as $1 billion for federal-only strategic initiatives.
The BC Jobs Plan’s Agrifoods Strategy clearly states how innovation and improved competitiveness will help the agriculture sector become a $14-billion-a-year industry by 2017.
For more information on federal GF2 programs, visit www.agr.gc.ca/GrowingForward2
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- 2022-08-09 "Drought will affect economy, not food supply"
- 2022-08-09 Uganda: Soilless farming highlights Kabale Farm Clinic
- 2022-08-09 Regulation of fleshy fruit ripening: From transcription factors to epigenetic modifications
- 2022-08-09 Mapping fruit characteristics faster with vision and AI
- 2022-08-08 Growing fruits and vegetables on the roof of the MIN in Toulouse
- 2022-08-08 Covered cultivation extends soft fruit season
- 2022-08-08 Pink and White strawberries soon to hit Aussie market
- 2022-08-08 "Fulvic acid encourages optimal growth in all plant phases"
- 2022-07-22 US (VA): Inside the Goochland greenhouse trying to create the freshest lettuce in town
- 2022-07-22 Powering plant growth with solar instead of photosynthesis more efficient?
- 2022-07-21 Prediction of strawberry fruit yield based on cultivar-specific growth models
- 2022-07-21 Crop change in Southern Europe greenhouses
- 2022-07-20 Take a look in the RIPE facility
- 2022-07-20 Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
- 2022-07-19 SpaceX Dragon docks with ISS carrying research and fresh vegetables
- 2022-07-19 A satellite view of Almeria's sea of greenhouses
- 2022-07-18 New sprayer for strawberries and low-growing crops
- 2022-07-18 Texan urban farms donates one million servings
- 2022-07-18 Asia’s new agricultural revolution: Planting a high-tech future