- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- Schartner's mall-size greenhouse in Exeter still on hold after judge's ruling
- Strawberry picking robots aim to save California growers
- Monitoring thrips with image technology unique, benificial insects soon to be counted digitally
- Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
US: Senators call for extension on key energy tax credits
Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) took the lead on the letter, sent to Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus and the committee's ranking member, Orrin Hatch. In it, Markey identified 10 different tax provisions designed to benefit clean energy that the senators want to see extended as soon as possible. Twenty-two Democrats and two Independents, Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Angus King of Maine, signed the letter, which argues that the tax incentives help create jobs while lowering greenhouse gas emissions.
The credits include the expiring Renewable Electricity Production Tax Credit, which grants credits to operators based on the kilowatts of wind or geothermal energy their facilities generate.
None of these credits were included in the budget deal that passed in the House last week, and which is expected to go up for a vote in the Senate this week.
Source: The Huftington Post
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-09 Increase horticulturalist's role in energy market with energy storage systems
- 2022-07-21 Energy efficiency: are you on track for reaching Net Zero?
- 2022-07-21 Energy crisis: anticipating with algorithms
- 2022-07-21 "How much should Hawaii discount electric rates for high-tech farmers?"
- 2022-07-20 Growing efficiency in greenhouses
- 2022-07-13 "Water-cooled LEDs are essential to any expansion"
- 2022-07-08 "Greenhouse growers can play a roll in stabilizing the grit"
- 2022-07-08 Van Gog Kwekerijen and Wittenberg Gemüse start the knitting machine to produce their screens
- 2022-07-05 Making money and improving sustainability with an electric boiler
- 2022-07-05 NZ: growers turn off the heat as coal and gas prices soar
- 2022-07-01 Geothermal greenhouse project in Coz Coz, Chile completed
- 2022-06-30 Trial with with low-emissivity glass is well under way
- 2022-06-30 What all grid regulators and policy makers should know about greenhouses and combined heat power
- 2022-06-27 Tsingsky: Using digital methods to reduce carbon fixation costs to benefit more growers
- 2022-06-27 Two new screens thanks to weaving technology
- 2022-06-22 UK greenhouse heats greenhouse with river water system
- 2022-06-15 A greener greenhouse: solar panels trialed on Wimbledon berries farm
- 2022-06-15 Building sustainability for the MHA nation with a vegetable greenhouse heated by waste gas
- 2022-06-10 Green technology employed to grow berries out of season
- 2022-06-08 "We cannot expect a grower to suddenly become an energy producer"