- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US: Senators call for extension on key energy tax credits
Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) took the lead on the letter, sent to Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus and the committee's ranking member, Orrin Hatch. In it, Markey identified 10 different tax provisions designed to benefit clean energy that the senators want to see extended as soon as possible. Twenty-two Democrats and two Independents, Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Angus King of Maine, signed the letter, which argues that the tax incentives help create jobs while lowering greenhouse gas emissions.
The credits include the expiring Renewable Electricity Production Tax Credit, which grants credits to operators based on the kilowatts of wind or geothermal energy their facilities generate.
None of these credits were included in the budget deal that passed in the House last week, and which is expected to go up for a vote in the Senate this week.
Source: The Huftington Post
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 "We can contribute to climate goals"
- 2023-12-01 Dutch flexprovider for horticulture receives recognition
- 2023-11-30 New Google geothermal electricity project could be a milestone for clean energy
- 2023-11-30 Carbon capture process proven with an energy demand below 2,500 kWh/ton
- 2023-11-29 Solar panels in greenhouses are not profitable for the time being
- 2023-11-28 “By utilizing mid- to deep-level geothermal energy, our greenhouse energy costs have been effectively reduced”
- 2023-11-27 Farm as a Battery: Harnessing crop growth flexibility for sustainable energy storage
- 2023-11-20 "CHP and carbon capture a natural fit for decarbonization of CEA"
- 2023-11-16 UK: Revised targets to approach energy efficiency for horti businesses participating in the Climate Change Agreement scheme
- 2023-11-15 Spain: Vertical farm cuts CO2 costs by 79%
- 2023-11-13 Iceland: Geothermal energy is used to grow cucumbers in this greenhouse
- 2023-11-08 Research into data center heat leads to creation of energy cooperative PrimA4a
- 2023-11-07 Incorporating CO2 supply into life cycle assessments
- 2023-11-07 30% of Dutch growers had to face the energy crisis without a fixed energy contract
- 2023-11-07 Dehumidification system reducing carbon footprint
- 2023-11-03 11 bankruptcies, more stoppers and mostly ornamental horticulture