- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Call for entries for AIPH International Grower of the Year 2014
AIPH Secretary General, Tim Briercliffe, commented “There is no higher accolade for a nursery than to win the prize of International Grower of the Year. I want to encourage every country, whether they are an AIPH member or not, to select the best of their best growers of flowers, ornamental plants or trees, to enter the competition.”
Entrants will be assessed against detailed criteria by an international jury of industry experts. One of the judges, Gery Heungens from Belgium, commented “We will carefully scrutinise all entrants to ensure the Gold, Silver and Bronze rose winners are worthy of the title. Past winners have shown the high standard we are looking for and truly demonstrate the outstanding businesses that exist within our industry. We are looking for strong economic performance, high levels of innovation, an effective marketing strategy, high environmental standards and exemplary human resource management amongst other things.”
Winners will be announced at a Gala Awards Dinner in Qingdao, China in September 2014 and finalists will be flown to the event for what will be an occasion they will never forget.
Commenting on their success the 2013 winner of the Gold Rose, Bill Stensson from Sheridan Nurseries in Canada, said “We were thrilled to have been awarded the Gold Rose in the International Grower of the Year competition. Global recognition like this really makes our business stand out from the crowd. It undoubtedly has helped us drive growth and the staff think it is wonderful too. I would strongly encourage grower associations to enter candidates for the competition.”
For more information on entering the competition contact the AIPH Secretary General, Tim Briercliffe, on email@example.com or phone +44 118 930 8956.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 India: Couple grows exotic produce in hydroponics
- 2023-12-07 US (IL): Container farm makes Quad City debut
- 2023-12-07 "The production increase on an annual basis is about 10 percent"
- 2023-12-07 US (CA): Vine Ripe Tomatoes offering fresh produce all year long
- 2023-12-06 Spain: Rosa de Barbastro tomato production one million less than expected
- 2023-12-05 Italian grower plans to expand tunnel cultivation
- 2023-12-05 Cucumber grower opts for LEDs to reduce energy consumption and up production
- 2023-12-05 "Imbalance in berry chain squeezes both ends: the grower, and the consumer"
- 2023-12-04 South Africa: Gesture helps Soweto residents to put healthy food on the table and boost a local economy
- 2023-12-04 US (MA): Jail supervisor jumps at chance of running aquaponics greenhouse
- 2023-12-04 "In Almeria we have lacked water for 60 years; for us, it is not a new issue"
- 2023-12-01 Former Isle of Wight tomato business land could be turned into houses
- 2023-12-01 "We all need to quickly switch to tropical fruit production in greenhouses"
- 2023-12-01 Bringing affordable specialty mushrooms to tables across Germany
- 2023-11-30 From eggplants to bullseyes: Dirk is the 'Aubergenius'
- 2023-11-29 Goulburn Valley grower abandons crop blaming high mark-ups at supermarkets