- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- Schartner's mall-size greenhouse in Exeter still on hold after judge's ruling
- Strawberry picking robots aim to save California growers
- Monitoring thrips with image technology unique, benificial insects soon to be counted digitally
- Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
2013-2014 Vegetable & Cut Flower Growers’ Catalogue:
Harris Seeds publishes new catalogue
Among the new introductions is Cronus pumpkin, which turned heads so much that it made the catalogue cover! Other standouts include consistent, impressively clean Mountain Majesty tomato, distinctively striped Sunbeam zucchini, and SV4719CS cucumber, the first with intermediate resistance to the new strain of Downy Mildew. Other new varieties for 2014 include Oakley bean, Mirage sweet corn, Wasabi wild arugula, Silver Slicer squash, Currier pepper, and Quick Start cabbage.
For organic and sustainable growers, Harris Seeds carries a large selection of untreated and organic seeds, focusing on varieties that taste great, perform in the field, and resist disease. This season growers will find 34 organic vegetables, 252 untreated vegetables, and 131 untreated cut flowers, all bred using traditional, non-GMO methods.
The Farmers Market movement has not only increased the demand for fresh vegetables, but it also has heightened consumer interest in cut flowers. The newest cut flower varieties for 2014 include Mystique ammi, Champion Pro Deep Blue campanula, Sweet Black Cherry dianthus, Aromato organic ornamental basil, and Apricot Daisy sunflower. Offer cut flowers at your market and watch sales bloom!
Harris Seeds offers more than seeds! Harris also offers an exclusive 51 strip vegetable plug program, fruit transplants and point of purchase displays from De Groot, organic vegetable and herb plugs from Plug Connection, garlic, onions, potatoes and shallots from Dutch Valley, and grafted tomatoes from Plug Connection and C. Raker & Sons.
An extensive selection of high quality growing supplies are also available, including light stands, heat mats, plant trays, Jiffy peat pots and pellets, plastic mulches, row covers, and cut flower supplies. Among new 2014 items are Sun Blaster light fixtures, Kwik Grow heat mats, Dosatron eco-carts and Kwazar sprayers.
The Garden Trends Wholesale division of Harris Seeds is offering retail ready programs to boost early-season sales. Find onion sets, garlic, shallots, certified seed potatoes, and countertop seed displays. Always available are bulk and pre-packaged vegetable seed for resale at garden centers and farm stores.
For more info : www.harrisseeds.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 US (NE): 'Powerful' cherry tomato judged best tasting
- 2022-07-20 Satara duo’s tomato diary provides farmers a step-by-step guide to grow quality produce
- 2022-07-15 China to build international agricultural breeding center in Hainan
- 2022-07-15 Excessive-protein, edible crop selection developed that ‘thrives’ on fallow land
- 2022-07-08 The world's tiniest tomato: difficult to grow, but consumers love it
- 2022-07-07 Tomato Rosamunda on shelves in shops all over Poland
- 2022-06-28 Cornell University once created purple strawberries
- 2022-06-27 "In China, the pink beef tomato is very popular"
- 2022-06-23 New greenhouse lighting helps researchers’ urgent need for speed
- 2022-06-16 Rijk Zwaan lettuce varieties have resistance against newest Fusarium race
- 2022-06-16 $12.1 million announced for agriculture genomics projects in Alberta
- 2022-06-15 US: New source for locating seed suppliers
- 2022-06-13 New approach to raspberry breeding in Italy
- 2022-06-09 National coordinators meet in Sweden to discuss plant genetic resources
- 2022-06-08 New greenhouse Enza Zaden Tanzania by Bosman Van Zaal
- 2022-06-06 Lettuce is a staple of the American diet
- 2022-06-06 Sustainable aquaponics farm on Kauai
- 2022-05-25 Driscoll's newest innovation now in the grocery aisle
- 2022-05-25 What happens when plants have stress reactions to touch
- 2022-05-24 Gene-edited tomatoes boosting vitamine D could soon be sold in England