- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
2013-2014 Vegetable & Cut Flower Growers’ Catalogue:
Harris Seeds publishes new catalogue
Among the new introductions is Cronus pumpkin, which turned heads so much that it made the catalogue cover! Other standouts include consistent, impressively clean Mountain Majesty tomato, distinctively striped Sunbeam zucchini, and SV4719CS cucumber, the first with intermediate resistance to the new strain of Downy Mildew. Other new varieties for 2014 include Oakley bean, Mirage sweet corn, Wasabi wild arugula, Silver Slicer squash, Currier pepper, and Quick Start cabbage.
For organic and sustainable growers, Harris Seeds carries a large selection of untreated and organic seeds, focusing on varieties that taste great, perform in the field, and resist disease. This season growers will find 34 organic vegetables, 252 untreated vegetables, and 131 untreated cut flowers, all bred using traditional, non-GMO methods.
The Farmers Market movement has not only increased the demand for fresh vegetables, but it also has heightened consumer interest in cut flowers. The newest cut flower varieties for 2014 include Mystique ammi, Champion Pro Deep Blue campanula, Sweet Black Cherry dianthus, Aromato organic ornamental basil, and Apricot Daisy sunflower. Offer cut flowers at your market and watch sales bloom!
Harris Seeds offers more than seeds! Harris also offers an exclusive 51 strip vegetable plug program, fruit transplants and point of purchase displays from De Groot, organic vegetable and herb plugs from Plug Connection, garlic, onions, potatoes and shallots from Dutch Valley, and grafted tomatoes from Plug Connection and C. Raker & Sons.
An extensive selection of high quality growing supplies are also available, including light stands, heat mats, plant trays, Jiffy peat pots and pellets, plastic mulches, row covers, and cut flower supplies. Among new 2014 items are Sun Blaster light fixtures, Kwik Grow heat mats, Dosatron eco-carts and Kwazar sprayers.
The Garden Trends Wholesale division of Harris Seeds is offering retail ready programs to boost early-season sales. Find onion sets, garlic, shallots, certified seed potatoes, and countertop seed displays. Always available are bulk and pre-packaged vegetable seed for resale at garden centers and farm stores.
For more info : www.harrisseeds.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 US: Science and technology to facilitate communication with plants
- 2023-12-01 US (NY): Innovation Lab for Crop Improvement workshop welcomes global plant breeders and social scientists
- 2023-11-22 Crop Trust and Plant Treaty pledging more than $100,000 to safeguard genebanks in Laos and Sudan
- 2023-11-22 Cora Seeds releases ToBRFV-resistant tomatoes
- 2023-11-22 Genetic insights into plant defense and growth trade-offs
- 2023-11-17 USDA proposes changes in approval process of genetically engineered crops
- 2023-11-15 Plant breeders and researchers collaborate for the next generation of legumes to reduce the protein gap in Europe
- 2023-11-13 AU: Breeder secures land to further breeding operations
- 2023-11-09 Turnover of Rijk Zwaan up to 593 million euros
- 2023-11-07 "We believe that such stacked resistance will stand up to new ToBRFV-mutations"
- 2023-11-06 Breeders welcome the adoption of the new Explanatory Notes on Essentially Derived Varieties by the UPOV Council
- 2023-11-06 US (NY): New plot-labeling program supports plant breeders in Global South
- 2023-11-03 US (WI): Julie Dawson honored for crop breeding work for organic systems
- 2023-11-03 "A box filler with excellent disease resistance"
- 2023-10-31 The evolution of plant variety protection in the era of new breeding techniques
- 2023-10-27 Ghana gene bank becomes the 100th depositor to Svalbard Global Seed Vault