- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Germany: Germany expands renewable energy targets, considers virtual baseload
The government intends to investigate whether large renewable energy producers would need to guarantee a contribution to reliable baseload supply to enhance the security of supply.
They could possibly do this with contracts and individual agreements with storage operators, or by getting “insurance” from other electricity producers, such as gas-fired generation.
“This could mean that renewable generators may be forced to buy 'insurance' from conventional stations to provide this baseload capability (given the strong intermittency of wind, solar); this could likely imply some sort of a capacity payments from renewable generators to utilities,” a note from Deutsche Bank analysts said. Of course, geothermal energy generators will not have to buy insurance as geothermal is the ultimate baseload energy.
Click here to learn more at greentechmedia.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Solar panels in greenhouses are not profitable for the time being
- 2023-11-28 “By utilizing mid- to deep-level geothermal energy, our greenhouse energy costs have been effectively reduced”
- 2023-11-27 Farm as a Battery: Harnessing crop growth flexibility for sustainable energy storage
- 2023-11-20 "CHP and carbon capture a natural fit for decarbonization of CEA"
- 2023-11-16 UK: Revised targets to approach energy efficiency for horti businesses participating in the Climate Change Agreement scheme
- 2023-11-15 Spain: Vertical farm cuts CO2 costs by 79%
- 2023-11-13 Iceland: Geothermal energy is used to grow cucumbers in this greenhouse
- 2023-11-08 Research into data center heat leads to creation of energy cooperative PrimA4a
- 2023-11-07 Incorporating CO2 supply into life cycle assessments
- 2023-11-07 30% of Dutch growers had to face the energy crisis without a fixed energy contract
- 2023-11-07 Dehumidification system reducing carbon footprint
- 2023-11-03 11 bankruptcies, more stoppers and mostly ornamental horticulture
- 2023-11-02 Solar panel greenhouse being realized in Netherlands
- 2023-10-30 Solar panels on agricultural land only allowed in very exception cases
- 2023-10-30 US (TX): Self-designed geothermal greenhouse braking ground in Cody
- 2023-10-26 Iceland uses geothermal energy for heat, electricity, and cucumbers