- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Designed by Spagnol:
Italy: Zero impact irrigation and heating technology for greenhouse in Bologna
The 1 hectare greenhouse will produce tomatoes all year round, and the production is estimated at 45kg per square meter by taking advantage from the heat coming from two biogas systems.
In order to realise this zero impact project, Spagnol studied and supplied the automations for:
- the accumulation of energy coming from the biogas systems;
- climate management for the cooling and heating systems;
- the management of the fertigation system;
- the system of collection of the drainage nutrient solution with UVC disinfection.
The whole project has been studied to create minimum impact on the environment, without forgetting the productive and the highly technological aspect of the used systems. Hence, the greenhouse will be powered by “green” energy coming from a biogas cogeneration system, fed by beets grown on site.
The project uses a closed loop irrigation system, to avoid the leakage of fertilizers in the environment. The drainage of the nutrient solutions will be recirculated as it will be purified through an UV disinfection system.
For more information:
Spagnol Greenhouse Technologies
Ms,. Sarah Viale.
via Paludotti, 5/7
31020 Vidor TV Italy
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Europe wants to save the planet, but its share of plastic pollution is only 5 percent
- 2023-11-23 New solution adds value and ease to machine-harvested blueberries
- 2023-11-22 "There will be no regression to classic plastic packaging"
- 2023-11-20 What will the war on plastic cost the fresh produce industry?
- 2023-11-14 A smart solution for packing small fruits and mushrooms
- 2023-11-14 Plug plant and seed tray packs ensure safe seed deliveries
- 2023-11-13 More and more innovations in advanced packaging
- 2023-11-07 WPTC European tomato production update
- 2023-11-07 Compostable packaging: keeping produce fresh and sustainable
- 2023-11-06 "In the end, rising freight costs lead to higher offer prices in retail"
- 2023-11-02 "Cold chain temperature monitoring maximizes shelf-life and reduces food waste"
- 2023-11-02 Dutch branch Celtic Refrigeration has bankruptcy declared - talks on restart ongoing
- 2023-11-01 Corrugated packaging gets smarter and greener
- 2023-11-01 "With the press of a button, from 200g iceberg lettuce to 600g spinach"
- 2023-10-16 New bundling machine unveiled at Fruit Attraction
- 2023-10-11 Chilean packaging company takes technology expertise to world markets