- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
- Nigerian grower builds greenhouse from scratch
- Why Australia's biggest glasshouse grower is expanding its cultivation
Designed by Spagnol:
Italy: Zero impact irrigation and heating technology for greenhouse in Bologna
The 1 hectare greenhouse will produce tomatoes all year round, and the production is estimated at 45kg per square meter by taking advantage from the heat coming from two biogas systems.
In order to realise this zero impact project, Spagnol studied and supplied the automations for:
- the accumulation of energy coming from the biogas systems;
- climate management for the cooling and heating systems;
- the management of the fertigation system;
- the system of collection of the drainage nutrient solution with UVC disinfection.
The whole project has been studied to create minimum impact on the environment, without forgetting the productive and the highly technological aspect of the used systems. Hence, the greenhouse will be powered by “green” energy coming from a biogas cogeneration system, fed by beets grown on site.
The project uses a closed loop irrigation system, to avoid the leakage of fertilizers in the environment. The drainage of the nutrient solutions will be recirculated as it will be purified through an UV disinfection system.
For more information:
Spagnol Greenhouse Technologies
Ms,. Sarah Viale.
via Paludotti, 5/7
31020 Vidor TV Italy
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-22 New cling film is compostable with industrial versatility
- 2022-09-19 Snack tomato packaging wins 'Carton of the Year 2022' award
- 2022-09-13 "Products washed with peroxide have a longer shelf life"
- 2022-08-29 Strauss's leapfrogging in sustainable packaging by ROP for salads and leafy greens
- 2022-08-25 UK: Plant packaging manufacturer is exhibiting at the Four Oaks Trade show
- 2022-08-24 "No doubt robotic harvesters will be common in greenhouses very soon"
- 2022-08-18 Sustainable closure sealing and labelling of fruit and vegetable trays
- 2022-08-12 New application for disinfection of fresh-cut fruits by means ozone in the packaging
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps