- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Organic grower and shipper celebrates 10 Years of Fair Trade certification
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Canada: On-Farm Innovations for Improved Pest Management Decisions on Ontario Nursery Farms
The Demo Day will share technological developments through a hands-on demonstration, Intelligent Spray Systems for Nursery Crops, with Ontario nursery growers. This workshop was conducted by OMAF and MRA specialists, USDA-ARS researchers and Ohio State University Extension specialists on August 15. Forty-three Ontario growers were provided with valuable information, and hands-on opportunities to partake in optimal pesticide application technologies that can improve pesticide application, and demonstrate key principles in application technology; namely calibrating and spraying according to shape, size and density of the target. The educational event was hosted by J.C. Bakker and Sons Ltd. Wholesale Nurseries in St. Catherine's.
The second focus of this project is to convert the Crop Protection Guide for Nursery and Landscape Plants, published by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food, and Ministry of Rural Affairs, into an online searchable database that can be kept up-to-date in real time. Ontario growers will have the ability to search for appropriate recommended control treatments based on a number of criteria including species, pest/disease/weed, and active ingredient. The database was developed by Dragonfly Information Systems Inc. in partnership with the OMAF and MRA Nursery Crops Specialist and be made accessible from multiple devices including: computer, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry.
"The Demo Day and online crop protection database, will, for the first time, provide growers with the advantage of using an on-farm, fast, accurate, and innovative search tool to help support their Integrated Pest Management programs," says AAC Chair, John Kikkert.
The OFIP is funded through Growing Forward 2 (GF2), a federal-provincial-territorial initiative. The Agricultural Adaptation Council assists in the delivery of GF2 in Ontario.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-15 Discovery of the interactions between plants and arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi
- 2022-08-15 US: Students test pest management skills during 2022 Iowa Youth Crop Scouting Competition
- 2022-08-15 A bacteria found in marine coral reefs could have the solution to tomato wilt
- 2022-08-15 Controlling powdery mildew in greenhouses
- 2022-08-15 Monitoring thrips with image technology unique, benificial insects soon to be counted digitally
- 2022-08-12 Meet the wasp that mummifies and kills the tomato hornworm
- 2022-08-12 National probabilistic risk assessment of newly registered pesticides in agricultural products to propose MRL
- 2022-08-12 "Significant part of our lettuce assortment is highly resistant to Fusarium"
- 2022-08-11 More demand for pepper washers due to aphids
- 2022-08-10 Pest management for Spotted Wing Drosophila
- 2022-08-10 "National Biosecurity Strategy a positive step in protecting Australia’s agriculture industry from pests and disease"
- 2022-08-08 US: Basil downy mildew found in southern New Jersey
- 2022-08-08 The advantages of introducing useful insects into nurseries
- 2022-07-22 Research team identifies genes making strawberries resistant to Fusarium wilt
- 2022-07-22 Protect second cucumber crops from Pythium now
- 2022-07-22 Employee Seminar 2022: The Green Switch Journey continues
- 2022-07-21 "Beneficial nematodes achieve 80% mortality in pepper caterpillar"
- 2022-07-20 95 percent of the Dutch horticultural area uses biological pest control
- 2022-07-20 Biohacking helps protect crops from fungal attacks
- 2022-07-20 New study uses AI to help find downy mildew