- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- Schartner's mall-size greenhouse in Exeter still on hold after judge's ruling
- Strawberry picking robots aim to save California growers
- Monitoring thrips with image technology unique, benificial insects soon to be counted digitally
- Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
UK Government unveils long-awaited improvements to boost renewable heat
UK: Under-performing Renewable Heat Incentive to get more support
Geothermal rigsite at the greenhouse in The Netherlands
Barker said the changes were being brought in partly because of the "low levels of uptake" for certain technologies in the RHI. Heating accounts for half of the UK's carbon emissions, yet heat generated through the scheme for 2013-14 is now projected to hit 1.2 terawatt hours (TWh) – a third of what was expected when the non-domestic RHI launched in November 2011. The Government launched a review into the scheme earlier this year following lobbying from industry and an underspend of the RHI budget in its first year.
"It is vital that we get the level of support right so that the market can invest with confidence, cost reductions can be achieved and the market can grow sustainably," Barker said in a written Ministerial statement.
Click here to learn more at greenwisebusiness.co.uk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-09 Increase horticulturalist's role in energy market with energy storage systems
- 2022-07-21 Energy efficiency: are you on track for reaching Net Zero?
- 2022-07-21 Energy crisis: anticipating with algorithms
- 2022-07-21 "How much should Hawaii discount electric rates for high-tech farmers?"
- 2022-07-20 Growing efficiency in greenhouses
- 2022-07-13 "Water-cooled LEDs are essential to any expansion"
- 2022-07-08 "Greenhouse growers can play a roll in stabilizing the grit"
- 2022-07-08 Van Gog Kwekerijen and Wittenberg Gemüse start the knitting machine to produce their screens
- 2022-07-05 Making money and improving sustainability with an electric boiler
- 2022-07-05 NZ: growers turn off the heat as coal and gas prices soar
- 2022-07-01 Geothermal greenhouse project in Coz Coz, Chile completed
- 2022-06-30 Trial with with low-emissivity glass is well under way
- 2022-06-30 What all grid regulators and policy makers should know about greenhouses and combined heat power
- 2022-06-27 Tsingsky: Using digital methods to reduce carbon fixation costs to benefit more growers
- 2022-06-27 Two new screens thanks to weaving technology
- 2022-06-22 UK greenhouse heats greenhouse with river water system
- 2022-06-15 A greener greenhouse: solar panels trialed on Wimbledon berries farm
- 2022-06-15 Building sustainability for the MHA nation with a vegetable greenhouse heated by waste gas
- 2022-06-10 Green technology employed to grow berries out of season
- 2022-06-08 "We cannot expect a grower to suddenly become an energy producer"