- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
UK Government unveils long-awaited improvements to boost renewable heat
UK: Under-performing Renewable Heat Incentive to get more support
Geothermal rigsite at the greenhouse in The Netherlands
Barker said the changes were being brought in partly because of the "low levels of uptake" for certain technologies in the RHI. Heating accounts for half of the UK's carbon emissions, yet heat generated through the scheme for 2013-14 is now projected to hit 1.2 terawatt hours (TWh) – a third of what was expected when the non-domestic RHI launched in November 2011. The Government launched a review into the scheme earlier this year following lobbying from industry and an underspend of the RHI budget in its first year.
"It is vital that we get the level of support right so that the market can invest with confidence, cost reductions can be achieved and the market can grow sustainably," Barker said in a written Ministerial statement.
Click here to learn more at greenwisebusiness.co.uk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 NL: Subsidies for energy transition, but it's a quid pro quo
- 2023-09-27 Turkey sets geothermal goals in medium-term economic program
- 2023-09-19 "Electric and hydrogen alternative to fossil fuel within a few years"
- 2023-08-24 Corrosion risk returns in horticulture through more economical heating
- 2023-08-23 Weather extremes' impact on global fruit and vegetable sector
- 2023-08-17 CO2 storage under the North Sea is a go
- 2023-08-16 Nappa pursues renewed geothermal heat production North Limburg
- 2023-08-15 Solar park next to Tinte greenhouses under construction
- 2023-08-07 Singapore: Singrow and Norgren partner up to reduce energy costs
- 2023-07-21 Bringing geothermal knowledge from horticulture to other industries
- 2023-07-21 US: Future-proofing vertical farms’ electricity access through microgrids
- 2023-07-20 "Gains to be made by properly adjusting and monitoring your burner"
- 2023-07-10 "The emissions from our new burner are at an absolute minimum"
- 2023-07-06 Expect more record temperatures, Hutton experts say
- 2023-07-06 Comparing the environmental footprint of lettuce grown indoors to that grown in fields
- 2023-07-05 Don’t think you can afford a solar system for your farm?
- 2023-07-05 "Bylaws governing energy efficiency and light abatement will become the standard"
- 2023-07-04 Westland solar panels forced to be under-utilized
- 2023-06-30 Using wind turbines to energize greenhouses for zero emission cultivation
- 2023-06-29 “We are a company based on tradition and technology”