- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- Schartner's mall-size greenhouse in Exeter still on hold after judge's ruling
- Strawberry picking robots aim to save California growers
- Monitoring thrips with image technology unique, benificial insects soon to be counted digitally
- Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Design combines best of both worlds:
Faber reveals new 2 ha Hybrid X Greenhouse in Australia
A view of the gable during construction
This Hybrid X glasshouse features a gutter height of 7.3 metres, diffused glass and a white powder coated construction. Royal Brinkman supplied and installed the complete electric and irrigation system. Typical of many greenhouse installations of Royal Brinkman; it also features their exclusive Drain Water Control system and scale system (DWC-scale).
“This unique HYBRID X Greenhouse combines the advantages of both the full traditional climate control possibilities with the advantages of the semi closed greenhouse possibilities with modern path wall & mixing room system," said Frits Veenman of Royal Brinkman. "Depending on the daily outside temperature and crop conditions the climate control can be done with traditional ventilation, or with almost a closed greenhouse with modulated air circulation/- ventilation and P&F cooling, or with an unlimited combination of options of both systems. It makes this greenhouse a real Hybrid like modern cars using traditional and future options."
Veenman further remarked; "The Hybrid X greenhouse is set up for the future to make full economical profit out of this combination. It saves a lot of electricity compared to greenhouses with a very limited number of vents which needs year round use of electricity consuming fans. The Hybrid X greenhouse is a big step forward and gives the grower the freedom to make a choice for the most economical use of his greenhouse, to reduce electricity costs and no there is no risk of a direct crop failure by a serious electricity power down."
For more information:
Aust. Ph. + 61 432352920
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-16 Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- 2022-08-15 "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- 2022-08-15 New traceability technology working group launches
- 2022-08-15 Comparison of supplemental LED top- and interlighting for year-round production of cherry tomato
- 2022-08-11 UF researchers find genes responsible for several flavor compounds in strawberries
- 2022-08-10 Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- 2022-08-08 A mission to discover greenhouse robots in Japan
- 2022-08-08 Low-cost smart meter ready for farmers and agricultural partners
- 2022-07-22 "By adding spray booms, our roof washer became a real 2-in-1-machine"
- 2022-07-22 What is the added value of Software-as-a-Service for growers?
- 2022-07-22 "Horto Professional makes vertical farming customizable"
- 2022-07-20 'Easy-to-use growth model' combines weight and light
- 2022-07-19 "North America is a strong growth market for automation solutions"
- 2022-07-15 "I don't believe in automating just to automate"
- 2022-07-13 Greenhouse software tool helps growers calculate light distribution of growing facility
- 2022-07-12 Fluence and HAS University partner to explore dynamic lighting strategies
- 2022-07-11 Monitoring growing conditions and tracking strawberries with IoT apps
- 2022-07-11 “Autonomous Growing is helping us to achieve more”
- 2022-07-11 Trolleys help growers in hot climates deal with labor shortages
- 2022-07-06 Robots - the perfect worker when there are severe staff shortages?