- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
US: Women lead the way in sustainable and organic agriculture
Some are choosing to farm as a way of maintaining continuity, tending land that has been in their families for decades. Others, however, are choosing farming for many different reasons, among them the desire to do something concrete, constructive and quickly gratifying; to tweak gender norms; or simply to have better control over their work lives. Many see their efforts as overtly political.
“Women are leading the way in sustainable and organic agriculture,” Lindsey Lusher Shute, executive director of the National Young Farmers’ Coalition told Truthout. Although she works for the Coalition full time, as co-owner of the Healthy Roots Community Farm in Tivoli, New York – 100 miles north of the city – she is involved intimately in all aspects of growing fruits and vegetables in a sustainable manner.
Click here for the complete article at mintpressnews.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-04 Educational session on Strengthening Organic Enforcement
- 2023-09-04 Rugby league legend backing Australian Organic Awareness Month
- 2023-07-21 Organic greenhouse grown strawberry launched
- 2023-07-05 A unique aquaponic farm for growing microgreens is developing near Astrakhan
- 2023-06-21 Organic living lettuces in the spotlight
- 2023-06-20 Organic greenhouse grown strawberries will complement field category
- 2023-06-12 Two new papers for organic propagation launched
- 2023-06-05 "A great opportunity to showcase organic produce"
- 2023-05-23 USDA launches organic INTEGRITY database trade partner module
- 2023-05-03 "I like to touch on new things, new products, new production methods"
- 2023-04-26 "We want to offer an honest organic-vegan product, which is why we do not use animal manure"
- 2023-04-18 New Organic Enforcement Rule topic for OPS 2023 ed session
- 2023-03-31 The evolution of the microgreens business
- 2023-03-20 Organic produce items saw wide range of performance in 2022
- 2023-03-17 Snack tomato growers opt for prevention with biology
- 2023-03-13 Mycelium is not only good for cultivation but also for... motherboards
- 2023-02-03 “We’re reaching a point where conventional costs more than organic”
- 2023-01-13 Retailer registration opens for Organic Produce Summit 2023
- 2022-12-16 "We aim to go entirely organic”
- 2022-12-09 Spreading the nutritional value of microgreens on a national scale after amazing flood rebuild