- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US(TX): Applications being accepted for spring Bexar County Master Gardener Intern Training
“Master Gardener volunteer intern training is conducted by AgriLife Extension, and this will be Master Gardener class no. 58 for adults interested in gardening, horticulture and related topics,” Rodriguez said.
Applications are being accepted for the spring 2014 Bexar County Master Gardener Intern Training scheduled for Wednesdays from March 5 through May 28. (Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service photo)
Master Gardeners serve their communities by assisting with AgriLife Extension horticultural projects and education, including providing horticultural and gardening information and advice to community residents.
Currently there are about 400 certified Master Gardener volunteers in the Bexar County Master Gardener program, he said.
Master Gardener classes will address topics ranging from plant growth and development to plant diseases, insects, soils, basic landscaping techniques and garden design.
Those completing classroom training and passing the final exam will be required to complete a minimum of 50 hours of volunteer service toward youth and/or adult education outreach, Rodriguez said.
Classes will be conducted from noon-4 p.m. on Wednesdays from March 5 through May 28 in Suite 208 of the AgriLife Extension office for Bexar County, located at 3355 Cherry Ridge Drive, San Antonio.
Acceptance to the class is based on the person’s willingness to volunteer and the completeness of their application,” Rodriguez said. “Master Gardeners support the community by providing information and advice on gardening and landscaping, providing technical assistance, supporting the local green industry and being involved in many other horticulture-related community service projects.”
Class size is limited to 40 participants, and the deadline for submitting an application is Feb. 21.
Applications are available at the Agrilife Extension offices for Bexar County or online at http://bexar-tx.tamu.edu/files/2013/10/Class-58-Application.pdf.
Completed applications can be emailed to Angel Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 210-930-1753 or mailed to: Master Gardener Intern Training, Attn: Angel Torres, 3355 Cherry Ridge Dr., Suite 212, San Antonio, Texas 78230-4818.
The fee for the training is $250 to cover the cost of instruction and materials, to be paid in full on the first day of class.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses particate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos
- 2023-11-24 US (TX): Controlled Environment Horticulture Conference set for Dec. 7-8 in Dallas
- 2023-11-24 Harvest robots? Irrigation is what it's about at GrowTech Antalya
- 2023-11-24 Photo report: German berry industry meets at ExpoSE
- 2023-11-23 phenoLytcis wins Seed Innovation Challenge Award 2023
- 2023-11-23 HortEx Vietnam organizers partner with IPM Essen
- 2023-11-23 "Installing a modern shading system in a plastic greenhouse is becoming more common"
- 2023-11-23 Ecuadorian produce promoted at New York Produce Show
- 2023-11-22 Canadian produce industry advocates for affordable healthy food for Canadians
- 2023-11-22 Large Dutch horticulture delegation visiting China, heralding closer cooperation
- 2023-11-22 Growtech starts, a Turkish horticultural exhibition about more than Turkey alone
- 2023-11-22 The 21st China Greenhouse Horticulture Industry Conference was successfully held in Hangzhou
- 2023-11-20 UAE: Heat and labor shortage drive innovation in the Middle East