- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
MPS-ECAS outsources crop control to Groen Agro Control
On the basis of the expertise and reliability of the laboratory and the commitment of its staff, MPS-ECAS decided to choose Groen Agro Control. The Groen Agro Control laboratory focuses on production and quality in the green chain. Among other things, by diagnosing plant diseases, checking residues of crop protection agents and conducting a range of investigations which will lead to practical solutions for the entire agri-sector.The enthusiastic team will ensure that MPS-ECAS is provided with a competent and accurate service. The tasks will be carried out in line with ISO17025 and, as a result, the best possible conditions will be created for independent checks on the usage of crop protection agents.
Horticulture companies in the floriculture and nutrition sectors across the globe use the MPS certificates. Growers reduce the environmental burden of their cultivation processes by implementing the MPS-ABC certificate. In addition to MPS-ABC, the MPS-Fruit&Vegetables certificate provides the grower additional tools for supplying a product that meets all of the relevant requirements with regard to food safety. Registration and checks are vital in order to guarantee the quality of both of these MPS products; these checks are carried out by MPS-ECAS, as an independent certified institution.
Jacques Wolbert (MPS-ECAS) and Bert van Tol (Groen Agro Control) sign the contract
The customers buying plants and flowers set increasingly high standards when it comes to the usage of crop protection agents during the cultivation process. A number of agents has been completely banned. The grower can minimize his company’s environmental burden by limiting the usage of crop protection agents and making well-considered choices with regard to this subject, but nevertheless supply top quality products. MPS has now decided to increase the number of crop controls. This will offer greater assurance that the grower is provable meeting the requirements. The analysis of plant material to ascertain the presence of residues is a specialist process for which MPS-ECAS submitted a tender in order to create a well-organised collaboration.
Leaf samples will be screened for around 600 components for MPS-ECAS. MPS-ECAS will report the results to the participants. In addition to the monitoring of the MPS certificates, the growers concerned can also request that supplementary analyses are carried out. The results provide an insight into the concentrations of an agent in the crop after application, for example. This could be relevant for the effective use of organic protection agents or for food safety in case of a herb.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 US (KY): "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-29 "For growers and retailers, we're an open book"
- 2023-09-29 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-29 Lebanon needs greenhouses for food safety and security too
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-29 Said El Ouakili to join Kubo
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt