- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
- Senior Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Finka San Antonio cuts the ribbon on its 22-hectare greenhouse
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
Mastronardi makes donation to Feeding America in New Orleans
On Thursday, staff from Mastronardi Produce paid a visit to Second Harvest, the local chapter of Feeding America, and they didn't go empty handed. Mastronardi donated 1,000 cases of fresh, gourmet greenhouse grown tomatoes including ZimaT grape tomatoes and Campari® brand cocktail tomatoes. Mastronardi also took the time to tour the facility and learn about how they work with the community to provide support.
"We're very proud to be able to contribute, not just our local community, but whatever community we happen to be in," said Chris Veillon, Director of Marketing. "These kinds of opportunities remind us of our common goal to serve the community in any way we can", said Veillon.
With Second Harvest's food industry and other community partnerships, the organization, which services 23 parishes across south Louisiana, is able to turn a $10 donation into 28 meals for families in need (263,000 individuals are reached annually through Second Harvest's network of agencies). The donation of 1,000 cases of greenhouse tomatoes, Campari® and ZimaT brands, respectively, is important to ensuring that vulnerable citizens throughout the Greater New Orleans region and beyond are able to put fresh, healthy food on the table.
"With 1 in 6 households in Louisiana struggling with hunger (and often obesity), this type of community backing is absolutely essential. We truly appreciate the support of Mastronardi Produce and know our clients will enjoy SUNSET® tomatoes", said Lisa Abel, Chief Philanthropy and Marketing Officer at Second Harvest New Orleans.
To learn more about SUNSET® brand produce, please visit sunsetgrown.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-26 SA: Johannesburg engineer build hop farm on rooftop
- 2022-09-20 Kenya: ‘Vertical garden’ delivers up to 5kg of strawberries a month
- 2022-09-20 UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- 2022-09-16 "Biggest disaster would be bad weather in southern Europe, then we will have empty shelves"
- 2022-09-12 From finance to growing: 1st gen Nigerian grower goes for hydroponics
- 2022-09-09 15-20% drop in production as a cautionary measure
- 2022-09-05 Bringing Senegalese agriculture full circle with organics and aquaculture
- 2022-09-02 Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- 2022-09-01 Hydroponics are blossoming in the African slums
- 2022-08-26 Finka San Antonio cuts the ribbon on its 22-hectare greenhouse
- 2022-08-25 Japanese growers use drones to check vegetables from the sky
- 2022-08-25 Flush of organic Heirloom tomatoes is short term
- 2022-08-19 Grower eyes 20ha strawberry expansion to meet skyrocketing demand in Canada
- 2022-08-16 Angelique Chen designs device to simplify small-space farming
- 2022-08-16 Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- 2022-08-12 US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
- 2022-08-12 Technology upgrades and a brand refresh for Australian strawberry producer
- 2022-08-12 Special restaurant experience: 3D visualization of the food's journey to your plate
- 2022-08-11 James, Jack and the 13 feet cucumber plant
- 2022-08-10 UK: "Now into its 16th season, this site is still extremely efficient"