- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
UK: 2013 South West Growers Show going from ‘strength to strength’
The show was officially opened by Richard Harnett, Proprietor at Kernock Park Plants, who looked back at the show’s 40 year history, the second oldest horticultural trade show in the country. In his opening speech he commented on the show being both productive and profitable. He said : “It’s a tremendous honour to be asked to open The South West Growers Show. It continues to go from strength to strength as a show for growers run by growers. It offers an excellent platform for exhibitors to meet their customers and is important for both business and horticulture. The show celebrates what we do best in the south west – and that’s growing plants!”
Andrew Spilsbury, chairman of the show’s committee said : “It’s fantastic news that the show was so warmly received by both exhibitors and visitors. Our key aim has always been to make sure that we encourage quality as well as quantity, that our exhibitors are able to make contacts, develop business relationships and, ultimately, take orders. We are heartened that this proved to be the case at this year’s show.”
Regular exhibitor Wee Tree Wholesale Nurseries reported an excellent show as it unveiled its 2013/14 catalogue for the South West market.
Bill Finch, owner and partner explained : “The South West Growers Show proved to be an excellent platform for us; this year we sold in excess of a staggering 10,000 seedling trees, a massive increase on last year. Each year we make some great contacts and this year was no exception; it really is a great opportunity for us to network.”
WeeTree supplies a range of hedging from seed sourced from sites in and around Southern England which is of paramount importance for many councils and their planning policies.
WeeTree is a wholesale grower and distributor of a wide range of products - including trees, shrubs, herbaceous plants and hedging - to trade users ranging from local and regional authorities, landscapers, garden centres to nurseries, stately homes, farms and golf courses.
Andrew concluded : “Our original aim when we took over the management of the show was to provide both exhibitor and visitor with a dedicated business forum. The new management team which took over the event in 2009 is justifiably proud of the continued hard work and dedication that has made the show even more successful. For the visitor, it provides the ideal venue to meet key growers and horticultural suppliers as well as sourcing the latest plant introductions and products; and for the exhibitor it offers a unique business-to-business environment.”
The 2014 show will take place on Wednesday 1 October. For further information about the event for both exhibitors and visitors, please contact Kirsty Lane on 01404 821982 or visit www.swgs.co.uk.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Sergeant major is pelted with barrage of vegetables
- 2023-11-30 “The world needs 100% sustainable agriculture”
- 2023-11-30 "Seed sector sees progress on the road to enhancing the multilateral system in 2025"
- 2023-11-30 India: Protected cropping conference kicks off at SHUATS campus
- 2023-11-30 Enhancing availability of improved vegetable varieties in Tanzania
- 2023-11-29 Photo report: Global Berry Congress
- 2023-11-29 Pest management strategic plan (PMSP) workshop for strawberries
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses participate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos
- 2023-11-24 US (TX): Controlled Environment Horticulture Conference set for Dec. 7-8 in Dallas
- 2023-11-24 Harvest robots? Irrigation is what it's about at GrowTech Antalya
- 2023-11-24 Photo report: German berry industry meets at ExpoSE
- 2023-11-23 phenoLytcis wins Seed Innovation Challenge Award 2023
- 2023-11-23 HortEx Vietnam organizers partner with IPM Essen