- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- UK: £60m worth of food wasted due to lack of workers, NFU warned
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
UK: Tozer seeds’ trials prove promising
Tozer Seeds featured a variety of products. Hot products included speciality kales with new colors and sweeter flavors, Hybrid Celery, and Calypso Cilantro known for rapid emergence with little to no bolting. Other popular items included British Basil and its’ temperature tolerance, Dragon’s Tongue Arugula with red veins and green leaf, and Wildfire Arugula which is one of the spiciest arugulas on the market.
Kraig Kuykendall, NAFTA Sales Manager, noted the positive energy in the fields. “We were excited to see so many participants from the US and Canada attend our trials this year. We had tremendous interest in our new specialty kales. I have no doubt this was fuelled by the white hot sales of kale in North America.”
Tozer Seeds hosts seed trials annually each fall. The next opportunity to visit fields will be in September of 2014 again in Cobham, England. Learn more about Tozer Seeds and products at tozerseeds.com.
For more information:
Tozer Seeds Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1932 862 059
Fax: +44 (0) 1932 868 973
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-17 UK drought: are farmers facing the crop failures of 1976 all over again?
- 2022-08-17 US (KY): Something's fishy in Shelbyville: Farm using aquaponics to produce lettuce
- 2022-08-16 These growers serve up fresh foods to Augusta restaurants
- 2022-08-16 Hydroponics & citrus farming
- 2022-08-15 New tool helps strengthen local food systems
- 2022-08-12 US (OR): Research shows that plastic tunnels are very good for strawberries
- 2022-08-12 Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- 2022-08-12 Trinidad and Tobago: Hydroponic farm offers more economic opportunities than fish production
- 2022-08-11 US: How the climate deal would help farmers aid the environment
- 2022-08-10 Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- 2022-08-09 "Drought will affect economy, not food supply"
- 2022-08-09 Uganda: Soilless farming highlights Kabale Farm Clinic
- 2022-08-09 Regulation of fleshy fruit ripening: From transcription factors to epigenetic modifications
- 2022-08-09 Mapping fruit characteristics faster with vision and AI
- 2022-08-08 Growing fruits and vegetables on the roof of the MIN in Toulouse
- 2022-08-08 Covered cultivation extends soft fruit season
- 2022-08-08 Pink and White strawberries soon to hit Aussie market
- 2022-08-08 "Fulvic acid encourages optimal growth in all plant phases"
- 2022-07-22 US (VA): Inside the Goochland greenhouse trying to create the freshest lettuce in town
- 2022-07-22 Powering plant growth with solar instead of photosynthesis more efficient?