Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
Oscar awards for innovation awarded at MacFrut
Ishida received the first category award for its Rv Series, the latest development of Ishida’s multi-head weigher; Carton Pack won a prize in the Packaging category for its Cpfresh® technology, which enables product respiration to be self-controlled, thus retaining quality unaltered until the time of consumption; OrtoRomi won the third category prize for Topolina, a new lunch-time bowl; whereas Polymer Logistics won the Oscar Logistica prize for Rattan Active Lock Rpc, a trolley that can be easily converted from a pallet into a reinforced trolley, and vice versa.
The general prize, based on visitors’ votes, was given to the Alma Mater Studiorum of Bologna, which presented the Sweet series cherries, with features including: sweetness, large size, attractive appearance, firm flesh and fragrance.
All the prizes were awarded by Paolo Lucchi, Mayor of Cesena, except for the second category prize, awarded by Domenico Scarpellini, President of Cesena Fiera, and the third category prize, awarded by Alberto Zambianchi, President of the Chamber of Commerce of Forlì-Cesena.
The products in this competition were judged by a panel of experts and authorities in the agri-food sector. The initiative aims to encourage companies to achieve process and product innovation.
For more information:
Luca Speroni, International Press Office
Macfrut c/o Fruitecom srl
Tel: +39 059 7863894
Fax: +39 059 7863889
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses
- 2022-08-10 Deep diving into the metabolics of aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Seed meets Technology in the starting blocks for the eighth time
- 2022-08-10 14th annual AMHPAC convention, a chance to firm up pending business
- 2022-08-09 Introducing the CEA Summit East
- 2022-08-09 GLOBALG.A.P. explores key industry trends at Sustainable Foods Summit
- 2022-08-09 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-08-09 "The scientific and commercial strawberry worlds will converge in Belgium"
- 2022-08-08 2022 China Seed Congress and Nanfan Agricultural Silicon Valley forum held in Hainan
- 2022-08-08 Horti light event to discover the latest science of grow lights
- 2022-07-22 Horticulture lighting and learning event: discover the latest science
- 2022-07-22 Photo report: Cultivate 2022
- 2022-07-21 International students visit JD hydroponic plant factory
- 2022-07-21 A Portuguese technology and AI startup for berries and greenhouses wins the Green Disruption Summit 2022
- 2022-07-20 "Hungarian tomato industry has strongly transformed and improved"
- 2022-07-20 Cultivate’22 is a wrap
- 2022-07-19 Final hours of Cultivate get going
- 2022-07-18 Organic Produce Summit saw record attendance
- 2022-07-18 Busy start at Cultivate’22
- 2022-07-15 Photo Report: Hydroponic Farmers Federation Conference 2022