- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
- Senior Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Finka San Antonio cuts the ribbon on its 22-hectare greenhouse
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
COPA elects Albert Maat as new president
Speaking after the vote, Mr Maat said “It is a great honour to be elected today. I will do my best to ensure European farmers have a viable future to meet upcoming challenges. My priorities include making sure implementing rules for the new Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) reform package and transitional arrangements are agreed so that the new CAP will be introduced in 2014, with a transitional phase, and apply in full in 2015. I will also fight hard to get a good deal for our farmers in the trade liberalising talks between the EU and US. Before we even start talking about lowering trade barriers, the United States has to commit itself to respecting our production standards. Finally, in the upcoming European Parliament and Commission elections, I will campaign and demand a key role for European farming in the programmes of all European political parties”.
Mr Maat has been President of the Dutch Farmers Union LTO since 2007 and was Member of the European Parliament over the period 1999-2007. He has also been Copa Vice-President for four years.
Copa also elected six new Vice-Presidents for a two year term. Mr Xavier Beulin (Fnsea – Fr); Harry Sinclair (UFU, Ulster); Ricardo Serra Arias (ASAJA, Spain); Miklos Zsolt Kis (HCA, Hungary); Mr Jerzy Chroscikowski (Solidarnosc, Poland); Ms Maira Dzelzkaleja from the Latvian Farmers’ Parliament.
Mr Xavier Beulin is President of the French Farmers Union Fnsea and runs a mixed arable crops and dairy farm. Harry Sinclair is President of the Ulster Farmers Union and is a beef and sheep farmer, farming the family farm in an LFA environment. Ricardo Serra Arias Vice-President of the Spanish Farm Organisation Asaja has been an active member of Copa for the past 20 years. Miklos Zsolt Kis Vice-President of Hungarian Chambers of Agriculture (HCA) and has played an active role in Copa since 2004. Mr Jerzy Chroscikowski is President of the Polish Agriculture Trade Union Solidarnosc and was previously a Polish Senator. Ms Maira Dzelzkaleja is Vice-President of the Latvian Farmers’ Parliament and comes from a family farm and is committed to rural development.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-26 Farm in East Windsor gets federal funding for geothermal greenhouse
- 2022-09-26 Value of fresh fruits and vegetables ordered from USDA Foods is up 10 percent
- 2022-09-26 The national headquarter of 58 Agricultural in Tianfu Agricultural Expo Park introduced over 10,000 blueberries
- 2022-09-26 "Automation is a journey that doesn't stop, so don't wait to make a start"
- 2022-09-26 AEssenceGrows invites investors to join crowd-funded stock offering
- 2022-09-26 US East Coast: "CEA products are becoming the top search on our website"
- 2022-09-26 Germains Seed Technology appoints Agnieszka Szkurlat as Business Director for Europe
- 2022-09-23 Winrock gets $45M to expand climate-smart agtech in Malawi and Thailand
- 2022-09-23 Hydroponic farming in Houston
- 2022-09-23 Circadian rhythms: AI can reduce vertical farm energy consumption by up to 27%
- 2022-09-23 Big Tex Urban Farms growing to help feed South Dallas
- 2022-09-23 The 70-hectare blueberry planting base in Futian Town will be completed by the end of the year
- 2022-09-23 “We are in the process of diversifying the origins of our berries”
- 2022-09-22 Raspberry tree gives 'back-friendly harvest'
- 2022-09-22 An intelligent environmental control system helps greenhouse strawberries achieve high yield and output
- 2022-09-22 Geothermal activities of ECW Energy taken over by heat company
- 2022-09-22 "Private Equity has Food & Flower sector in its sights"
- 2022-09-22 Innovation Agri-Tech Group appoints plant scientist and molecular biologist
- 2022-09-22 Taylor Farms takes one California facility off the grid
- 2022-09-22 "Research on genotype-phenotype associations is essential for the development of climate-proof crops”