“Fruit & Vegetable Business of Russia - 2013”
When: September 17, 2013
Where: Expocentre Fairgrounds, Moscow, Russia, in conjunction with World Food Moscow 2013 Exhibition
The conference has already become a traditional meeting place for professionals throughout the world dealing with wholesale and retail trade, growing, post-harvest handling and processing of fruits and vegetables as well as companies rendering services for the business.
One of the most important events in 2012 was Russia's accession to the WTO, which had a significant impact on the fruit and vegetable market development. The conference speakers will speak on the issues of the fruit and vegetable business environment under the WTO conditions, the accession's results and year-on-year changes.
Participants will also be able to listen to the Russian fruit and vegetable production and price forecast for the season 2013/14. A lot of attention will be given to Russia's fruit and vegetable imports and their share in the market.
On September 18, the conference delegates will be able to take part in the business-tour to Belaya Dacha Trading, the company dealing with manufacturing ready-to-eat lettuces and vegetables.
Key topics discussed at the event:
- The Russian fruit and vegetable price forecast for October 2013 – June 2014 and preliminary production forecast for the next season
- Russia in the WTO: how has the fruit and vegetable market changed over a year? Further market development prospects
- Development of the European and global fruit and vegetable markets. How has the overseas markets' influence on the Russian fruit, berry and vegetable market changed over the past year?
- Russia's apple imports. Suppliers' structure under conditions of the country's accession to the WTO
- Produce supply chain in Russia: from the field to the shelf
- Fruit and vegetable supplier as viewed by a retailer. Main requirements and problem points
- Modern approaches to handling, storage and packaging of fruits and vegetables
The conference is organized by Fruit-Inform & ITE Moscow and sponsored by Fito-Mag. 200 delegates from 15 countries of the world are expected to participate. It is expected that 30% of participants are representatives from the Russian wholesale and retail sector, another 30% will be Russian fruit and vegetable growers and the remainder will be from other sectors.
Click here to visit the conference website.
For more information:
Mr. Ievgen Kuzin
International Relations Department of Fruit-Inform
Tel: +380 (562) 321595, ext. - 341
mobile: +380 96 5836323