- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
UK: Space filling up fast at the South West Growers Show
Firmly established as one of the leading trade shows for commercial horticulture, the event will take place on Wednesday 2 October at The Matford Centre in Exeter, Devon. Aimed at growers and plant buyers – ranging from garden centres and retail outlets to local authorities and the landscaping industry – it brings together key growers and suppliers of specialist horticultural equipment and services.
Andrew Spilsbury, Chairman of the show said : “Our message for potential exhibitors is to make sure they book space to avoid any disappointment. Since taking over the running of the show four years ago, we have seen both exhibitor and visitor numbers shoot up. And with just weeks to go, now’s the time to act!”
Exhibitors who have already booked space include Container Centralen Ltd, a provider of returnable transport items including the CC Container which is widely used in the horticultural industry.
Declan Conaty, Key Account Manager at Container Centralen said : “We are pleased to announce that we are offering a damage exchange service at The South West Growers Show next month.
“Currently damage exchanges can only be undertaken at a CC Depot so this is the first trial outside of our depot environment”
Exhibitors who want to take advantage of this unique service are being encouraged to book their damage exchange at the show by emailing email@example.com – before Friday 27 September - stating code CCSWG, company details and the number of bases, shelves and posts they would like exchanged. A time slot will then be allocated for the exchange to take place.
Declan continued : “By opening up this service to exhibitors at the show, our aim is to make it more convenient and cost effective for our customers in the South West to exchange their damaged items”.
With more than 80 exhibitors already booked and 95 per cent of the space filled, the organisers are encouraging people to contact them as soon as possible to reserve the last few spaces. Costs are as follows :
• £50/m2 for space only;
• £70/m2 for shell scheme
• Electric costs are either £40.00 or £45.00
The event’s committee comprises of Chairman Andrew Spilsbury from award winning Whetman Pinks, the UK’s main grower of perfumed pinks since 1936; Mark Taylor, business development manager of Cornwall-based young plant producer Kernock Park Plants; Adam Powell from family-run nursery Talaton Plants; David Jackson from Jackson & Son, East Devon’s plug and pot plant specialist; Les Lane of XL Horticulture, Murray Richards of St Bridget’s Nursery and Garden Centre; Bill Finch of Somerset-based WeeTree Wholesale Nurseries and Peter Rider of Rainbow Plants, wholesale supplier of hardy nursery stock to garden centres and landscape contractors across the South West.
Admission is free.
For further information please visit www.swgs.co.uk or call 01404
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 Nigeria: Empowering youths for self-sufficiency through horticulture
- 2023-10-02 10 days to go until the Vertical Farming World Congress
- 2023-09-29 Idaho man breaks personal record for catching grapes while juggling
- 2023-09-29 US: "Growers faced a 14% increase in wage rates"
- 2023-09-29 Seed meets Technology visitors 'ready to buy'
- 2023-09-29 Let's get ready for the VertiFarm photo report
- 2023-09-28 US: UF economist to take questions about losses to agriculture industry due to Hurricane Idalia
- 2023-09-28 New Covent Garden Market showing support for British growers
- 2023-09-28 Growers, suppliers, and researchers converge at Vertifarm show
- 2023-09-28 Operators from all over the world to discuss berries
- 2023-09-27 What's happening on the second day of VertiFarm?
- 2023-09-27 25 years of Horti-Consult International: "We're not doing too badly here"
- 2023-09-26 Training on microgreen farming
- 2023-09-26 US (VA): Alliances and innovation headline 2nd annual edition of CEA Summit East in Virginia
- 2023-09-26 LeafSpec named finalist for round five of $3 Million Grow-NY Global Food and Agriculture Business Competition
- 2023-09-25 How to master your hygiene protocols