A few years ago the European MRL of ethephon - the active substance in Ethrel-A – in tomato was reduced from 3 to 1 ppm. For this reason, the safety period was also extended from 3 to 7 days. This led to the industry tightening the advice for Ethrel-A. The situation has not changed, so the following advice is still relevant.
Ethrel-A can be used under the following conditions:
- Up to 1500 l / ha sprayed full-field
- Dosage up to 0.1% (100ml/100 litres)
- No more than one spraying
- The entire crop must be moistened evenly
- Bayer CropScience recommends not adding wetting.
Sales organizations in the Netherlands have passed a number of rules regarding the handling of Ethrel A in tomatoes. These rules are as follows:
- Grower reports that he will use Ethrel A through a form.
- Sampling on day 5 after treatment.
Learn more on the site of Bayer Crop Science
Source: Arend Sosef