AIPH is currently active in the following areas:
- Promoting plants, gardens and gardening – This is done through its work in approving, supporting and promoting international horticultural exhibitions. There is a schedule of exhibitions for the years ahead. This year South Korea is running the Suncheon Bay Expo and in the coming years there will be exhibitions in China, Turkey and Canada with more planned for the future.
- Promoting planting in urban areas – This is done through the AIPH Green City Committee which holds regular conferences around the world promoting the benefits of the Green City to policy makers and decision makers.
- Sharing industry data and statistics – This is done through the publication of the annual statistical yearbook in association with Union Fleurs.
- Environment and Plant Health – This Committee tackles issues including pests, diseases, invasive plants, water, peat and many other issues of common international concern.
- Novelty Protection – This Committee lobbies to maintain the rights of growers and breeders and to resist unnecessary legislation that would reduce innovation in the sector.
Commenting on the upcoming Congress, which is organised in association with the Canadian Nursery Landscape Association (CNLA) and Landscape Ontario (LO), AIPH President Vic Krahn said: “This is an important time for AIPH. We have in place a new Secretary General, Tim Briercliffe, based in the UK, and the resources to really make a difference for growers across the world. I am excited at the possibilities for the future and encourage grower trade associations from any country to get involved if they are not already”.
Tim Briercliffe, AIPH Secretary General
T: +44 (0) 118 9308956