- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Monsanto to withdraw EU approval requests for new GMO crops
Madero said the decision would allow the company to focus on growing its conventional seeds business in Europe, as well as securing EU approvals to import its genetically modified crop varieties widely grown in the United States and South America.
The decision covered five EU approval requests to grow genetically modified maize, plus one soybean and one sugar beet. The company said it would not withdraw its application to renew the approval for its insect-resistant MON810 maize - the only GMO crop currently cultivated commercially in Europe.
A spokesman for the European Commission, which manages the EU's GMO approval system, confirmed that Monsanto had informed it of its intention to withdraw the applications.
The move reflects the frustration felt by many biotech companies towards the EU's approval system for GMOs. Decisions routinely face years of delays, and only three varieties have ever been given the green light for cultivation.
Source: Reuters (Reporting by Charlie Dunmore; Editing by Gary Hill and Tim Dobbyn)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"
- 2023-11-28 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-28 UK: Still time for agri and food-tech businesses to apply for innovation grants of up to £300,000
- 2023-11-28 US (AZ): USDA issues $250k grant to Tucson aquaponic farm
- 2023-11-27 Maf Roda acquires Caustier
- 2023-11-27 Northern Lights and Yara sign agreement on CO2 transport and storage
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-22 USDA PACA updates
- 2023-11-22 Ukraine: Grants of 503.3 thousand euros distributed to develop orchards and greenhouses
- 2023-11-21 Rabo horticulture barometer: business confidence up slightly
- 2023-11-21 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together