- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
UK in top five for environmental certification
The standard, which aims to improve environmental performance in business and public sector organisations, has seen its uptake grow globally by 6% during 2011.
The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment's (IEMA) executive director of policy, Martin Baxter said: "Growing at a rate of 6% during 2011, ISO14001 has proved both popular and effective at providing a global framework through which organisations across the world manage their impacts on the environment.
"With the UK maintaining its position as one of the top 5 countries globally this is excellent news for UK plc as companies are using ISO14001 to maintain competitive advantage, cutting costs, enhancing their reputation and winning new business."
During 2011 the top five countries holding the highest number of certificates were China, Japan, Italy, Spain, and the UK. The top six countries maintaining the highest levels of growth in certificates were China, Italy, France, Romania, Republic of Korea and the UK.
Baxter added: "ISO14001 presents a fantastic opportunity to influence over a quarter of a million companies in the world.
"During this time of economic uncertainty, this continued growth in the number of companies that are now certified demonstrates that investing in environmental measures plays a fundamental role in helping companies and economies build a sustainable future."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-19 "Electric and hydrogen alternative to fossil fuel within a few years"
- 2023-08-24 Corrosion risk returns in horticulture through more economical heating
- 2023-08-23 Weather extremes' impact on global fruit and vegetable sector
- 2023-08-17 CO2 storage under the North Sea is a go
- 2023-08-16 Nappa pursues renewed geothermal heat production North Limburg
- 2023-08-15 Solar park next to Tinte greenhouses under construction
- 2023-08-07 Singapore: Singrow and Norgren partner up to reduce energy costs
- 2023-07-21 Bringing geothermal knowledge from horticulture to other industries
- 2023-07-21 US: Future-proofing vertical farms’ electricity access through microgrids
- 2023-07-20 "Gains to be made by properly adjusting and monitoring your burner"
- 2023-07-10 "The emissions from our new burner are at an absolute minimum"
- 2023-07-06 Expect more record temperatures, Hutton experts say
- 2023-07-06 Comparing the environmental footprint of lettuce grown indoors to that grown in fields
- 2023-07-05 Don’t think you can afford a solar system for your farm?
- 2023-07-05 "Bylaws governing energy efficiency and light abatement will become the standard"
- 2023-07-04 Westland solar panels forced to be under-utilized
- 2023-06-30 Using wind turbines to energize greenhouses for zero emission cultivation
- 2023-06-29 “We are a company based on tradition and technology”
- 2023-06-28 Supermarket brand acquires geothermal greenhouses in Manisa, Türkiye
- 2023-06-26 Special solar panels can be used on greenhouse roofs and sides