Top 5 -yesterday
- "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- Schartner's mall-size greenhouse in Exeter still on hold after judge's ruling
- Strawberry picking robots aim to save California growers
- Monitoring thrips with image technology unique, benificial insects soon to be counted digitally
- Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
Top 5 -last month
Global agricultural films Market worth $7.1 Billion by 2017
The report segments the global agricultural films market with respect to applications - greenhouse, silage and mulch, polymer types - low density polyethylene (LDP), linear low density polyethylene (LLDP), and high density polyethylene (HDP), EVA/EBA, Reclaim, and others and by geography - North America, Asia, Europe and ROW.
Agricultural films are gaining importance with the advent of high technologies in agriculture and emphasis on higher productivity per hectare. High growth in global population is one of the biggest challenges for the agriculture industry, which has led to increased focus on agricultural productivity. The major purpose of using agricultural films is high sustainable production on limited arable land. The use of agricultural films for controlled agriculture has helped in increasing the yields on the limited arable land with limited irrigation water. The three major applications of agricultural films are greenhouse, mulch, and silage.
The arable land is decreasing gradually with drastic increase in urbanization. Controlled agriculture becomes important in order to utilize significant resources like water for irrigation in an optimum manner. This is consequently increasing the importance of controlled agriculture in greenhouse, high tunnel, and mulching.
Click here for more information on the report
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-03-18 NSW floods kill millions of bees
- 2022-01-04 Lettuce ice means higher January markets likely
- 2021-10-26 Mixed grower-shipper reactions to California’s recent rains
- 2021-09-06 "You can tell it's not from a hothouse'
- 2021-07-02 Harvest of California chili peppers has kicked off
- 2021-06-25 EU and US pass climate laws
- 2021-04-29 Cow afloat
- 2021-04-06 Egypt, Ethiopia & Sudan set for more dam talks
- 2021-02-25 State-of-the-art lab is MU effort to raise awareness of the university’s first Black teacher
- 2021-02-23 Musical tribute to the Westland region now also on online streaming services
- 2021-01-28 LED project highlights the beauty of agriculture
- 2021-01-18 Inventor of pipe rail system Jaap Zegwaard passed away
- 2020-12-17 "I don’t think many people can comprehend the carnage which is about to ensue"
- 2020-11-20 A Filipino student invents solar windows made from rotten vegetables
- 2020-11-12 Telling children that carrots help them see in the dark ‘can damage them in later life’
- 2020-11-06 How the US election outcome may influence and impact policy for the produce industry
- 2020-11-04 First charter flight of Pacific Island workers lands in central Queensland
- 2020-11-03 "Involvement starts with the right communication"
- 2020-10-23 Ontario growers notice longer tubers during harvesting
- 2020-10-16 Florida growers optimistic about fall/winter growing season