- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
- Inkoper retail - Aalsmeer
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Deptford just got its own vertical farm
Tech startup Vertical Future has launched the new farm, which is both the company and Deptford’s first vertical farm, just months after the company was established and sealed a six-figure funding package from HSBC.
In what is the first of a number of planned farms operating under the MiniCrops brand, the farm has been developed as part of The Artworks’ new Creekside development and will provide the local community and businesses with sustainably grown fresh produce.
Founders of Vertical Future, Jamie and Marie-Alexandrine Burrows said in a statement that their planned network of London sites will do more than just provide crops and produce, but also provide community outreach and engagement projects to help tackle some of our most pressing urban problems.
They said: “We want to make cities a better place for our children, and our urban initiatives are long-term responses to the ongoing issues of urbanisation.”
“All signs following our launch have been positive and launching MiniCrops is our first real milestone as a new business.”
“We want to promote fast but sustainable growth that will make a real impact on our local communities around each site.”
Read more at Bdaily
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-13 UK retailer starts growing herbs within the supermarket
- 2019-09-12 Yamaha investment boss interested in vertical farming companies
- 2019-09-12 UK: Using vertical farming to brew beer
- 2019-09-11 CAN (ON): 45,000 sq. ft. vertical farm opens in Guelph
- 2019-09-04 Urban farming takes off in Germany
- 2019-09-03 Newly developed partnership helps global vertical farming industry
- 2019-09-03 Is indoor vertical farming better for the environment and consumers?
- 2019-09-02 "Vertical Farming, the future for food production"
- 2019-09-02 US (UT): Commercial, indoor strawberry farm coming to Murray
- 2019-09-02 Sustainable farming on the rise in UAE
- 2019-08-30 Plants ready to go in at new Russian indoor farm
- 2019-08-29 Looking for urban farming 'silver bullet' in China
- 2019-08-26 Offering efficiency and scalability in vertical farming
- 2019-08-23 US (NY): Why farming is moving indoors
- 2019-08-22 US (VA): CIT GAP funds invests in on-demand modular farming
- 2019-08-22 US (MI): Conveyor systems to improve vertical farming efficiency
- 2019-08-21 Crop One and Sananbio to jointly develop vertical farms
- 2019-08-20 Uganda holds first ever aquaponics awards
- 2019-08-20 Will vertical farms tackle the world's growing food crisis?
- 2019-08-20 How to feed 10 billion people?