- Cultivation specialist Floriculture
- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
- Global VP of Sales & Marketing
- Product Manager - Europe
- Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
- Head Grower in USA
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Study compares antioxidant levels in conventional vs greenhouse lettuce
- "We sold over 100 hectares of toplighting compact grow lights in the first year alone"
- The 10 biggest advantages of vertical farming
- 1,000 hectares of greenhouses affected by hail in Almeria
- How vertical farming is part of a "multi-agriculturalism" food system
Boem Berry Farms doubling its footprint:
Canada: Mucci Farms to expand strawberry operations
Click here to enlarge
Exclusively growing strawberries in the largest, controlled environment, strawberry farm in North America, Mucci Farms and Dutch Growers Ton Bastiaansen and Joost van Oers, struck a partnership in January of 2016 after 3 years of trialling. They have seen steady growth and expanded demand for greenhouse grown strawberries. Spano continues, "Consumers today are emphasizing healthy eating and are willing to pay for products that have superior flavour along with high standards for nutrition and food safety. We see a demand for more greenhouse grown strawberries in the market."
The strawberries are marketed by Mucci Farms under their Smuccies™ brand. Phase Three of the expansion, scheduled for 2018 will include state of the art lit culture technology, allowing them to offer locally grown strawberries during the winter months under grow lights.
"Greenhouse strawberries are grown in an environment that uses 100% of the fertilizer," says Blake Fischer, Head strawberry grower at Mucci Farms. "We can tailor nutrients to exactly what the plant needs, allowing the product to grow exactly as intended with maximum flavor and consistency. Our strawberries are clean, harvested with immense care, and grown in a biologically and climate controlled environment."
"Like the first 12-acres, the additional 12 will also include the use of diffused glass which provides even sunlight to the crops and reduces stress on the plants," says George Dekker, Special Projects Manager at Mucci Farms. "We will continue to incorporate high pressure fogging systems to cool down the greenhouse in the summer and also use the swing gutter system to allow for maximum plants per square meter."
The Award Winning Greenhouse Grown Smuccies™ are available and in stores now.
For more information: www.muccifarms.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-21 Bountiful and successful campaign expected
- 2020-02-21 "A new concept - a six-pack with different kinds of lettuce"
- 2020-02-20 Light-colored mini-zucchini from Calabria reach Northern Europe
- 2020-02-20 US (NJ): Camden County continues to grow during the new year
- 2020-02-20 "Our goal is to demonstrate that aquaponics can be very useful in Africa"
- 2020-02-19 Bangladesh: Farmer turns heads by growing on coco dust
- 2020-02-19 US (VA): Grower improves greenhouse operation with nanobubble solution
- 2020-02-17 'Herb start-up' in transitional phase
- 2020-02-14 Semi-closed greenhouse next step for innovative lettuce growers
- 2020-02-14 FAO launches hydroponics and aquaponics water-saving systems in Jordan
- 2020-02-13 US (MO): Organization uses lettuce as a lesson
- 2020-02-13 Farming on Mars: One Trailblazer's passion for aquaponics
- 2020-02-13 Indian duo grows more with less
- 2020-02-12 US (CO): New barn will get plenty of use by Two Roots Farm
- 2020-02-12 How a microfarm is bringing fresher produce to Dallas chefs
- 2020-02-11 How Tasty Tom successfully launched a new tomato variety
- 2020-02-11 Indian schools asked to create vegetable gardens for nutritious meal centres
- 2020-02-11 US (MI): Former Founders chairman pursues ‘future of farming' with hydroponic lettuce company
- 2020-02-10 Fioretto is the new special cauliflower by Tokita
- 2020-02-07 Zero-emission greenhouse production in Southwest France