- Head Grower - Berries, New Zealand
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Horticulture Production Manager
- Farm Manager (Cherries) - BC, Canada
- Process / Application Engineer - Water Treatment
- Lead of Irrigation - Warren, MI USA
- Grower / Head Grower Canada
- Sales agents / representatives
Top 5 -yesterday
- What do papayas, vanilla and black pepper have in common?
- Recirculating hydroponics and robotic technology to save on fertigation and labour
- Downloading water tanks from across the world
- British raspberry breeding programme results in three new varieties
- Vladimir Putin wants to increase grower support
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Strawberry growers take production up in the air to answer market demand
- Tomatoes and cucumbers in a vertical farm without daylight
- Indian aquaponic growers have big plans for organic produce
- Israeli vertical farms in New York
- "Organic growers want to add microorganisms or bio-fertilizers without changing the EC"
Cross-pollination between Italian connections at the PMA
The CHP powered greenhouses of Lapietra in Italy
Lapietra, who's family operates a 4 hectare modern hydroponic greenhouse business in Monopolio, Puglia, got acquainted with the U.S. greenhouse industry via his close relationship with Michael de Giglio, the Village Farms CEO that has Italian roots in Puglia. While both growers operate thousand miles away from each other in different markets and conditions, Enzo Lapietra informed us that he is eager to learn from his American colleagues.
Enzo Lapietra and Michael de Giglio
"Village Farms is one of the largest growers in the United States and while there are big differences between U.S. and European market conditions, we follow one another closely to learn from each-other and be prepared for what the future will bring us. Especially the Italian market in particular is a very specific, but we can definitely improve in terms of how we can serve our customers even better and optimize the way we fulfill their demand."
Enzo saw his own tomatoes at the booth of Italian greenhouse technology supplier P-TRE, but also looked at what other North American growers are doing in terms of packaging and marketing.
Next to this, Lapietra was present to compare the offerings and production of other growers at the trade show. "We took a deeper dive into the marketing and communication strategies of our American, Canadian and Mexican counterparts.
Last but not least, Lapietra was also pleased to visit the party that Village Farms organized during the Fresh Summit. Not only to catch up with industry friends and partners, but also to meet and great one of his other idols; Former Eagles guitarist Don Felder, who gave a performance at the Village Farms party.
Enzo Lapietra together with Eagles guitar player Don Felder and Marcel and Norma Vyverberg of V-Maxx / Prins U.S.A.
Click here to learn more about the greenhouse farm of Enzo and his brother Lino Lapietra
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-05-29 Growing Media Europe elects new chairman
- 2020-05-29 "We have always been curious about the possibilities of light"
- 2020-05-29 CAN (SK): Genomics company expands operations to Canada with Saskatoon office
- 2020-05-29 “Currently our watercress sales are just ahead of where they were last year"
- 2020-05-29 Oboya appoints Peter Wallin as Chief Operating Officer
- 2020-05-28 "Breeders increasingly want to play a bigger role in the market development of their varieties"
- 2020-05-28 IFCO donates 600 RPCs to Meals on Wheels
- 2020-05-28 Coco production resumed
- 2020-05-27 StC International gains an Account Manager
- 2020-05-27 Polish retailer accused of selling Ukrainian vegetables as domestic
- 2020-05-27 CPMA announces board of directors for 2020-2021
- 2020-05-26 Nature Fresh Farms works to make banking more accessible to its workers
- 2020-05-26 "Grateful that our family name is still on the building"
- 2020-05-26 WFO announces strategic partnership with Nuffield International
- 2020-05-26 Anne Brennan to leave Nufarm board
- 2020-05-25 Hort Americas expands services with Canadian branche
- 2020-05-25 JD sells 27,000 tons of fresh products in a week
- 2020-05-25 More and more retailers have living herbs in their stores
- 2020-05-22 Expansion of North American dealer network for Climate Control Systems
- 2020-05-22 The Greenery is ready with new varieties for the Dutch soft fruit season