- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
- Maintenance Manager - Cathedral City, California USA
- Junior Teelt manager (Grower) - Netherlands/Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the cost of vertical farming?
- Horticulture lighting metrics: Understand grow lights
- "We can sleep easy knowing the system is working well and alerting us if there is any issue"
- £3 million capital raise for LED supplier
- "Our goal is to supply growers only with technique that is of use to them"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Cross-pollination between Italian connections at the PMA
The CHP powered greenhouses of Lapietra in Italy
Lapietra, who's family operates a 4 hectare modern hydroponic greenhouse business in Monopolio, Puglia, got acquainted with the U.S. greenhouse industry via his close relationship with Michael de Giglio, the Village Farms CEO that has Italian roots in Puglia. While both growers operate thousand miles away from each other in different markets and conditions, Enzo Lapietra informed us that he is eager to learn from his American colleagues.
Enzo Lapietra and Michael de Giglio
"Village Farms is one of the largest growers in the United States and while there are big differences between U.S. and European market conditions, we follow one another closely to learn from each-other and be prepared for what the future will bring us. Especially the Italian market in particular is a very specific, but we can definitely improve in terms of how we can serve our customers even better and optimize the way we fulfill their demand."
Enzo saw his own tomatoes at the booth of Italian greenhouse technology supplier P-TRE, but also looked at what other North American growers are doing in terms of packaging and marketing.
Next to this, Lapietra was present to compare the offerings and production of other growers at the trade show. "We took a deeper dive into the marketing and communication strategies of our American, Canadian and Mexican counterparts.
Last but not least, Lapietra was also pleased to visit the party that Village Farms organized during the Fresh Summit. Not only to catch up with industry friends and partners, but also to meet and great one of his other idols; Former Eagles guitarist Don Felder, who gave a performance at the Village Farms party.
Enzo Lapietra together with Eagles guitar player Don Felder and Marcel and Norma Vyverberg of V-Maxx / Prins U.S.A.
Click here to learn more about the greenhouse farm of Enzo and his brother Lino Lapietra
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-18 Fresh produce no longer on sale at FICO
- 2019-04-18 Lulu launching ‘Festival of Premium Qatari Vegetables’
- 2019-04-18 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory announces exclusive license with plant breeding start-up Inari
- 2019-04-17 MSC to pioneer digital industry standards in new container line association
- 2019-04-17 Cimcorp enters Russian distribution market and aims to boost grocery freshness
- 2019-04-17 Qatar Airways to source locally-grown fresh produce
- 2019-04-17 Basel-Stadt buys up Syngenta Kleinbasler plant area
- 2019-04-17 Lidl trials its first shop to have an urban garden
- 2019-04-17 £3 million capital raise for LED supplier
- 2019-04-17 PlantArcBio and ICL Innovation collaborate to develop crop enhancers
- 2019-04-17 Kenya: Kakuzi ventures into blueberry production
- 2019-04-16 UK: Waste food project can turn out to be a growth industry
- 2019-04-16 Orange bell pepper season starts
- 2019-04-16 Campbell sells Bolthouse Farms for $510 million
- 2019-04-16 Louise O. Fresco joins Syngenta Board of Directors
- 2019-04-15 Rabobank agrees sale of former ACC Loan Portfolio
- 2019-04-15 Canadawide wins inaugural Corporate Culture Award at CPMA
- 2019-04-15 Taylor Farms acquires Earthbound Farm
- 2019-04-12 Netherlands: New building Klasmann-Deilmann in Schiedam
- 2019-04-12 "Asian cuisine is an interesting growth market for us"