- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Horticulture Production Manager
- Farm Manager (Cherries) - BC, Canada
- Process / Application Engineer - Water Treatment
- Lead of Irrigation - Warren, MI USA
- Grower / Head Grower Canada
- Sales agents / representatives
- Tissue Culture Manager - Warren (MI) USA
- Sales Representative North America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Strawberry growers take production up in the air to answer market demand
- Tomatoes and cucumbers in a vertical farm without daylight
- Indian aquaponic growers have big plans for organic produce
- Israeli vertical farms in New York
- "Organic growers want to add microorganisms or bio-fertilizers without changing the EC"
Valagro Group officially launches Chinese subsidiary
The launch, hosted at the Shangri-la Hotel in Shanghai, was attended by Valagro's main Chinese customers, alongside the company's leaders, as well as many opinion leaders, in particular Professor Bai Youlu, professor at the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS) and General Manager of the Chinese Society of Plant Nutrition and Fertilizer Science (CSPFS), among the best research institutions in the field of plant nutrition in China, and Professor Wang Xu Secretary-General of Soil and Fertilizer Alliance of China (SFAC), and professor at CAAS.
The experts from the Chinese academic world were able to testify to the effectiveness of the company's approach, particularly Professor Tao Longxing (CNRRI - China National Rice Research Institute), who illustrated the effectiveness of Valagro solutions in increasing the productivity of rice.
Claudio Capobianco, Global Sales Director, Valagro Group, commented: "The opening of our subsidiary in China is an important sign of the strengthening of the Group's presence in such a strategic market as the Far East. For our existing customers in China that means the possibility of receiving even more punctual and efficient supports; for the wider Chinese market - a rapidly growing market, very receptive to innovation - Valagro solutions, and in particular biostimulants, represent a very effective response to the challenge of combining high performance and low environmental impact, allowing farmers to obtain higher yields and better quality using less resources and technical inputs."
The Valagro Shanghai launch ceremony was also an occasion to shine a spotlight on Valagro Academy and a complete series of crop solutions. Valagro Academy is an innovative training programme through which Valagro intends to share the know-how acquired in the field of plant nutrition and biostimulants with all of its customers, alongside highly specialised technical support and an up-to-date range of increasingly advanced solutions for sustainable agriculture, the result of continuous investment in research and development.
Finally, to highlight the central role of the customer, a hallmark of the Valagro approach, the Best Grower 2015 for the Asia-Pacific region, selected in collaboration with the distributor Platinum Just Agrotech award was presented. At the end of the launch, the prize was awarded to Chang Shidai who used Valagro solutions for banana cultivation. Used during the crop growth stages, Valagro solutions allowed the plants to recover from the abiotic stresses caused by the adverse weather conditions that in recent years have affected the area of Hekou, in the province of Yunnan. Thanks to the effectiveness of Valagro solutions, particularly MEGAFOL®, Chang Shidai was able to manage over 330 hectares of plantations with the "Yunhe" brand, well known in China, Vietnam and Laos, with remarkable results in terms of productivity and quality of crops.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-05-27 CPMA announces board of directors for 2020-2021
- 2020-05-27 StC International gains an Account Manager
- 2020-05-27 Polish retailer accused of selling Ukrainian vegetables as domestic
- 2020-05-26 Nature Fresh Farms works to make banking more accessible to its workers
- 2020-05-26 "Grateful that our family name is still on the building"
- 2020-05-26 WFO announces strategic partnership with Nuffield International
- 2020-05-26 Anne Brennan to leave Nufarm board
- 2020-05-25 Hort Americas expands services with Canadian branche
- 2020-05-25 JD sells 27,000 tons of fresh products in a week
- 2020-05-25 More and more retailers have living herbs in their stores
- 2020-05-22 Expansion of North American dealer network for Climate Control Systems
- 2020-05-22 The Greenery is ready with new varieties for the Dutch soft fruit season
- 2020-05-22 How a Winnipeg company wants to change agriculture
- 2020-05-21 "We'll be able to help growers move their surplus of fresh U.S. produce"
- 2020-05-21 US (CA): Fire at Por La Mar Nursery
- 2020-05-20 Yara moves to regional organizational structure
- 2020-05-20 UK: Macpac adds plastic visors to assortment
- 2020-05-20 CubicFarms announces permanent Chief Financial Officer and new Head of People
- 2020-05-20 Obituary Piet van der Klugt
- 2020-05-19 Framework agreement signed by CIAO and IFOAM