- Greenhouse Director of Production - Center Moriches (NY) USA
- Head Grower Cannabis - Reading, Southern England
- Global Product Manager - Northeast Ohio area
- Produce Sales Representative - Remote/Surrounding Los Angeles area
- Managing Director - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Manager Operations (MT-member), USA
- Head of Growing | Cannabis | Staffordshire, England
- Farm Manager - Central Region Saudi Arabia
- Product Development Specialist Tomato - ‘s Gravenzande, Westland, The Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Valagro Group officially launches Chinese subsidiary
The launch, hosted at the Shangri-la Hotel in Shanghai, was attended by Valagro's main Chinese customers, alongside the company's leaders, as well as many opinion leaders, in particular Professor Bai Youlu, professor at the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS) and General Manager of the Chinese Society of Plant Nutrition and Fertilizer Science (CSPFS), among the best research institutions in the field of plant nutrition in China, and Professor Wang Xu Secretary-General of Soil and Fertilizer Alliance of China (SFAC), and professor at CAAS.
The experts from the Chinese academic world were able to testify to the effectiveness of the company's approach, particularly Professor Tao Longxing (CNRRI - China National Rice Research Institute), who illustrated the effectiveness of Valagro solutions in increasing the productivity of rice.
Claudio Capobianco, Global Sales Director, Valagro Group, commented: "The opening of our subsidiary in China is an important sign of the strengthening of the Group's presence in such a strategic market as the Far East. For our existing customers in China that means the possibility of receiving even more punctual and efficient supports; for the wider Chinese market - a rapidly growing market, very receptive to innovation - Valagro solutions, and in particular biostimulants, represent a very effective response to the challenge of combining high performance and low environmental impact, allowing farmers to obtain higher yields and better quality using less resources and technical inputs."
The Valagro Shanghai launch ceremony was also an occasion to shine a spotlight on Valagro Academy and a complete series of crop solutions. Valagro Academy is an innovative training programme through which Valagro intends to share the know-how acquired in the field of plant nutrition and biostimulants with all of its customers, alongside highly specialised technical support and an up-to-date range of increasingly advanced solutions for sustainable agriculture, the result of continuous investment in research and development.
Finally, to highlight the central role of the customer, a hallmark of the Valagro approach, the Best Grower 2015 for the Asia-Pacific region, selected in collaboration with the distributor Platinum Just Agrotech award was presented. At the end of the launch, the prize was awarded to Chang Shidai who used Valagro solutions for banana cultivation. Used during the crop growth stages, Valagro solutions allowed the plants to recover from the abiotic stresses caused by the adverse weather conditions that in recent years have affected the area of Hekou, in the province of Yunnan. Thanks to the effectiveness of Valagro solutions, particularly MEGAFOL®, Chang Shidai was able to manage over 330 hectares of plantations with the "Yunhe" brand, well known in China, Vietnam and Laos, with remarkable results in terms of productivity and quality of crops.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-11-26 Netafim South Africa appoints new managing director
- 2021-11-26 "The price must remain stable even in the face of highly fluctuating demand"
- 2021-11-26 Hort Innovation announces new Board Directors
- 2021-11-26 Australian Agritech association appoints CEO
- 2021-11-26 Agricultural technology company expands into African cannabis and blueberry market
- 2021-11-25 UK fungicide business bought by French group
- 2021-11-25 Berry production in full swing to meet high summer demand
- 2021-11-25 Regional development project BioGemüse Seeland becomes a fact
- 2021-11-25 Global paper company supports children in vulnerable communities in Texas
- 2021-11-24 Using smart agriculture to grow clean, fresh food in the Emirates
- 2021-11-24 Everything a grower needs, including guidance
- 2021-11-24 Canadian horticultural providers grow solutions offering
- 2021-11-24 "It’s terrible that these two aquaponic idealists should have their company destroyed over a patent-battle"
- 2021-11-24 "Worldwide horticultural growth requires regular analyses of the water, soil, and crop"
- 2021-11-23 Tropical cultivation project in Maldives in the starting blocks: Who else is investing?
- 2021-11-23 PMA’s Virtual Town Hall Series scores awards
- 2021-11-23 Groen Agro Control appoints Business Development Director
- 2021-11-23 US indoor grower closes business combination
- 2021-11-23 From student project to successful start-up
- 2021-11-22 High-pressure aeroponics to cultivate with air at 70 bar and water mist