- Fruit Business Manager - Hong Kong SAR
- Regional Sales Manager - Northern EU
- Irrigation Manager - Cressy (Tasmania) Australia
- Verkoop Assistent Duitse Retail - Bleiswijk
- Packhouse Manager - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Newly developed partnership helps global vertical farming industry
- "Vertical Farming, the future for food production"
- "Suspension system provides more efficient cultivation of tomatoes and cucumbers"
- Rain demolishes over 200 hectare of Spanish greenhouses
- CAN (ON): 45,000 sq. ft. vertical farm opens in Guelph
Valagro Group officially launches Chinese subsidiary
The launch, hosted at the Shangri-la Hotel in Shanghai, was attended by Valagro's main Chinese customers, alongside the company's leaders, as well as many opinion leaders, in particular Professor Bai Youlu, professor at the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS) and General Manager of the Chinese Society of Plant Nutrition and Fertilizer Science (CSPFS), among the best research institutions in the field of plant nutrition in China, and Professor Wang Xu Secretary-General of Soil and Fertilizer Alliance of China (SFAC), and professor at CAAS.
The experts from the Chinese academic world were able to testify to the effectiveness of the company's approach, particularly Professor Tao Longxing (CNRRI - China National Rice Research Institute), who illustrated the effectiveness of Valagro solutions in increasing the productivity of rice.
Claudio Capobianco, Global Sales Director, Valagro Group, commented: "The opening of our subsidiary in China is an important sign of the strengthening of the Group's presence in such a strategic market as the Far East. For our existing customers in China that means the possibility of receiving even more punctual and efficient supports; for the wider Chinese market - a rapidly growing market, very receptive to innovation - Valagro solutions, and in particular biostimulants, represent a very effective response to the challenge of combining high performance and low environmental impact, allowing farmers to obtain higher yields and better quality using less resources and technical inputs."
The Valagro Shanghai launch ceremony was also an occasion to shine a spotlight on Valagro Academy and a complete series of crop solutions. Valagro Academy is an innovative training programme through which Valagro intends to share the know-how acquired in the field of plant nutrition and biostimulants with all of its customers, alongside highly specialised technical support and an up-to-date range of increasingly advanced solutions for sustainable agriculture, the result of continuous investment in research and development.
Finally, to highlight the central role of the customer, a hallmark of the Valagro approach, the Best Grower 2015 for the Asia-Pacific region, selected in collaboration with the distributor Platinum Just Agrotech award was presented. At the end of the launch, the prize was awarded to Chang Shidai who used Valagro solutions for banana cultivation. Used during the crop growth stages, Valagro solutions allowed the plants to recover from the abiotic stresses caused by the adverse weather conditions that in recent years have affected the area of Hekou, in the province of Yunnan. Thanks to the effectiveness of Valagro solutions, particularly MEGAFOL®, Chang Shidai was able to manage over 330 hectares of plantations with the "Yunhe" brand, well known in China, Vietnam and Laos, with remarkable results in terms of productivity and quality of crops.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-20 Fruitcase: The world's first fruit on wheels
- 2019-09-19 Argus Controls announces new Technical Sales Manager for the Australian market
- 2019-09-19 Fargro becomes co-sponsor of NextGen Fruit Group
- 2019-09-19 Berry portfolio expansion for Australian fresh produce company
- 2019-09-19 Singapore Airlines partners with high-tech urban farm
- 2019-09-18 Further growth for biggest Dutch tomato grower
- 2019-09-18 Sunfarming wins innovation award
- 2019-09-18 Vertical farming company Kalera names new CEO
- 2019-09-18 United Fresh announces Smart Pass Education Package for 2020
- 2019-09-18 Almeria to host the largest center of biotechnology applied to agriculture in Europe
- 2019-09-17 UK: Charlton Farms cashes in on £5m strawberry farm investment
- 2019-09-16 Spain: Inauguration of the new intermodal service for the export of fruit and vegetables
- 2019-09-16 Dilution Solutions welcomes Jose Rodriguez as Business Development Manager
- 2019-09-16 Israel: Finistere, OurCrowd, Tnuva, and Tempo officially launch consortium activity for $280M FoodTech Incubator
- 2019-09-16 P&O adds Tilbury-Calais services
- 2019-09-16 Verdesian Life Sciences expanding research, headcount, and financing
- 2019-09-13 Russian grower makes clever use of greenhouse space with tulips
- 2019-09-13 Big merger in Dutch growers associations
- 2019-09-13 New service vans for Javo
- 2019-09-13 Canada: Leamington's Highbury Canco tripled business, renews deal with Heinz