- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coal and pink tomatoes: the challenges for Polish growers
- Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- Tropicalia Greenhouse in Northern France blends perfectly with surroundings
- NZ: Return of the watermelon
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Ukrainian grower receives Valagro award
In the Europe cluster the title of "best grower" was presented, in collaboration with the Platinum distributor OOO Agrisol, to the Ukrainian producer Yuri Andreev who was able to use Valagro solutions for the different stages of plant growth, achieving great harvests. Thanks to effectiveness of Valagro solutions such as Megafol, Plantafol and Radifarm, Mr. Yuri Andreev managed to collect 3 Mt/Ha on sunflowers, 6 Mt/Ha on corn, 2,5Mt/Ha of mustard and 4 Mt/Ha on oats and barley for a total of 1200 hectares.
"We are really proud to be able to present this award to Yuri Andreev because his commitment is concrete proof of the value that we have been able to build with one of our best trading partners, OOO Agrisol. At the same time, it is also a tangible sign of people's trust in Valagro and its innovative solutions" Mariano Martin, Head of Farm Business Unit Europe, commented. "This recognition means fully implementing the principle of customer focus, in other words the distinctive Valagro approach that aims to place the real needs of customers at the centre of business activities and strategies, to create increasingly innovative and effective responses".
The award was given on May, the 24th in Vinnytsia (Ukraine) at the Reikartz Hotel during an event attended by Mariano Martin, Head of Farm Business Unit Europe, Sebastiano D'Amico, Valagro's Crop Manager, Denis Mirgorod and Dmitry Mykhailiuk for Agrisol, and some of the Yuri Andreev Best Grower 2015 employees.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-22 Cultivation advisors visit Japan as horticulture tourists
- 2022-11-15 “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- 2022-11-11 From supplying retail to the year-round cultivation of natural plant extracts
- 2022-11-11 Former grower Mark Bruinen supports growers in many areas
- 2022-11-09 Singapore: "Rooftop greenhouse made more sense due to lower energy requirements"
- 2022-11-03 “We control the environment entirely – we call it data-oriented cultivation”
- 2022-11-02 Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- 2022-10-31 Brassica grower improves yield, plant quality and efficiency
- 2022-10-31 Growing residue-free tomatoes for the Czech Republic market
- 2022-10-31 The rubbish bag is no longer needed: 40 years of advice in bell pepper cultivation
- 2022-10-31 Tomato grower Marc in podcast about trial balloons and lost growing contest over 'lots of crates of beer'
- 2022-10-28 Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- 2022-10-27 Are strawberries the cash crops for the Singapore market?
- 2022-10-24 Ab van Marrewijk bids farewell as Tomatoworld grower
- 2022-10-21 Philippines: New farm and products to be added as demand rises
- 2022-10-20 "Asian vegetables like Shanghai Bok Choy are almost commonplace"
- 2022-10-20 Philippines: Urban footpint and (inter)national aspirations gains interest of local and global investors
- 2022-10-18 Mushrooms' health benefits add to their popularity
- 2022-10-17 Zimbabwe: ‘Africa is ready for innovation by providing easy access to nutritious produce’
- 2022-10-17 Rwanda: Varsity graduate reaping big from urban farming