- Bedrijfsleider locatie Portugal
- Key Account Manager Horticulture - Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Operations manager - Berlin area, Germany
- Key Account Manager Horticulture - Netherlands
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers | Kenya
- General Manager (Horticulture Farm) | Kenya
- Floral Designer - Floral Direct. Carle Place, NY (Long Island, USA)
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
- Procurement and Marketing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Quality is everything”
- Dutch Berries tests misting installation in newest section of huge strawberry greenhouse
- Plant-based fertilizers on par with conventional fertilizers in lettuce
- High-tech farm ensures plentiful supply of blueberries from Serbia
- Australian unions want to call ban on overseas seasonal workers
Top 5 -last month
British Royal family pays visit to OzHarvest HQ
HRH with OzHarvest staff.
In a warehouse hidden away in the industrial suburbs of Alexandria in Sydney Australia, The Duchess arrived at the Alexandria Industrial Goodman Estate, greeted by the OzHarvest family including OzHarvest CEO & Founder, Ronni Kahn along with many staff and volunteers dressed in their distinct bright yellow as well as Ambassador chefs and supporters.
During the visit, The Duchess, along with Mrs Kerryn Baird, wife of NSW Premier The Hon Mike Baird, was shown the unique space, where OzHarvest’s purpose to nourish Australia, comes to life through food rescue, nutrition education and community engagement programs.
The Duchess witnessed in action OzHarvest’s flagship Cooking for a Cause program where volunteers prepare meals delivered to people in need, using rescued ingredients.
During the class she expressed that her husband, His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales’ was quite fond of Bread and Butter Pudding and mentioned that he may just like to try the classic English dessert. OzHarvest hand delivered a tray made using rescued ingredients including croissants, almonds, dried cranberries and apricots to their residence that afternoon.
Royal bread and butter pudding delivery with Marla Minow and OzHarvest Driver Paul Keane.
Her Royal Highness chose to visit OzHarvest for their work in food rescue and food security, having saved more than 14 million kilos of food from ending up in landfill and delivering more than 40 million meals to people in need across Australia.
OzHarvest developed a national Nutrition Education Sustenance Training (NEST) program to help improve nutrition and eating habits of vulnerable Australians and more recently established a hospitality and training program for disadvantaged youth, Nourish.
During the visit, The Duchess met with young Nourish students from troubled backgrounds changing their lives through the Nourish program and thanked more than 100 OzHarvest supporters who were present at the distinguished occasion for their passion, dedication and commitment to improving the environment and helping those less fortunate in the community.
Ronni Kahn and the Royal bread and butter pudding.
The Duchess was also offered a taste of “rescued” food, made from ingredients otherwise destined for landfill, transformed into beautiful dishes by volunteers, and visited OzHarvest’s Good+Harvest community garden which volunteers tended to.
Founder and CEO of OzHarvest, Ronni Kahn, said the OzHarvest family was so inspired by the visit and the organisation was touched to have been selected as a place to visit.
For more information:
Tel: +61 2 9516 3877
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-08-12 "The challenge is to keep the overview in big horticultural projects"
- 2020-08-12 New client for British Growers
- 2020-08-12 i-Droponix has new features
- 2020-08-12 Albertsons Companies partners with Plenty
- 2020-08-12 CA: Farm Boy to start selling Cornwall greens
- 2020-08-12 US: Fred C. Gloeckner Foundation awarded 13 grants totaling $131,440.00 dollars
- 2020-08-11 Nutrien announces change in board of directors
- 2020-08-11 End-of-season assessment for Citrosol
- 2020-08-11 British greenhouse builder on course for 'best financial performance' despite impact of Covid-19
- 2020-08-11 "Milestone Fresh wants a sustainable future with share in bamboo nursery in Guatemala
- 2020-08-10 In Memoriam: Roland Gazer
- 2020-08-10 Tomra Food opens new regional headquarters in Latin America
- 2020-08-10 Agroponiente expands its facilities in Almería with a new logistics warehouse
- 2020-08-10 Fluence and Quality Wholesale partner to expand LED solutions throughout Canada
- 2020-08-10 New Zealand’s first food waste-to-bioenergy facility gets underway
- 2020-08-10 Finka and Equilibrium announce partnership and expansion project
- 2020-08-10 US (NY): Vertical Field to launch in-store vertical farm at Evergreen Market
- 2020-08-10 Martha Stewart, J.D. Vance and David Lee join board of AppHarvest
- 2020-08-10 In Memoriam: Wouter de Jong
- 2020-08-10 HortiDaily is back