- Assistant Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Global Category Director for Cherries - Chile, North America, Australia or New Zealand
- Head of Sales - LA (California) USA
- Head of Agronomy: Research & Development - Berlin, Germany
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager - South Africa
- Grower - Philippines
- Assistant technical manager
- Food Safety and Quality Director - South Bend (IN) USA
- Commercial Manager - United Kingdom or The Netherlands
- Tomato Grower, Chapais - Canada
Top 5 -last week
- New guide on soilless culture available
- "We can produce nineteen different varieties under the same roof"
- Inventors imagine a farming future without floods and hail storms wrecking crops
- AppHarvest announces 2020 financial results
- "We've become a local area supplier for Leamington, Kingsville & Chatham-Kent region"
Top 5 -last month
Suzan F1: Long shelf life does not affect quality
"Today, thanks to Suzan F1, the traders have a new opportunity. They can move the fruits away from the areas of cultivation ensuring shelf life without sacrificing fragrance, aroma and the typical softness of the pulp!" said Ivana Marchese General Manager of the Italian company who adds "One more reference for the consumers conscious to the quality who certainly will be attracted to the bench by the pleasant aroma which characterizes these fruits."
"The plant Suzan F1 has a medium vigor and is very productive. The fruits of homogeneous size have a skin light green when they are immature and then it turns to the typical color of Galia when ripe. The shape is slightly oval allowing a perfect accommodation in a box with 6 pieces (first commercial category).
The skin provides perfectly clear color of the fruit even in difficult seasons spring summer in which instead is more common to find behind these broken color (green spots). The placental cavity is small maintaining a high specific weight of the fruits.
Dr. Loprevite, R&D Manager for Fenix adds "The challenge in the hybridization of this variety was precisely to obtain a melon with a long shelf life in post harvest keeping all the peculiarities of the Galia type: shape, skin color, high sugar content, aroma, shelf life and softness of the flesh."
For more information:
Tel.: 095 8369384/5
Fax: 095 5183237
Cell.: 336 798022
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-03-02 "The tool that revolutionized plant breeding and brought GMOs into agriculture"
- 2021-03-01 Fenix presents the new 2021 professional seeds catalog
- 2021-02-23 New Vitalis Organic Seeds tomato lineup: Mixologist Collection
- 2021-02-22 "The greatest competitive advantage lies in varietal aspects"
- 2021-02-19 "Soundness of new snack tomato is mainly its shelf life"
- 2021-02-18 US scientists develop methods to improve molecular identification in plants
- 2021-02-15 UC Davis releases two new strawberry varieties
- 2021-02-12 "Labor issues make pepper a more and more attractive crop"
- 2021-02-11 "Aroma is still the hallmark of a quality basil"
- 2021-02-03 University and grower together research strawberry technologies
- 2021-02-02 Fresh basil: an increasing market for high aroma products
- 2021-02-01 "The number of seed requests have increased this year"
- 2021-01-28 European project investigates new breeding strategies to achieve more resistant and nutritious berries
- 2021-01-26 Study on strawberry variety evaluations in different production systems
- 2021-01-21 ToBRFV resistant variety gives hope to Israeli tomato growers
- 2021-01-20 Texas strawberry research receives specialty crops grant
- 2021-01-19 Bushel and Berry introduce three new strawberry plants
- 2021-01-18 Israel: Strawberry season offers new tastes
- 2021-01-14 "Calinda is no ordinary organic strawberry"
- 2021-01-14 Spanish consumer award for Sweet Palermo... again