- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "Prevention is the best defence for ToBRFV"
- Improving the plants root system with extra oxygen
- "There are opportunities for Iranian growers in the horticultural industry"
- Mastronardi Produce and John Paul DeJoria announce partnership
- "As a grower, I know how important a proper sounding board can be"
Top 5 -last month
Zire Agro, Baku:
Azerbaijani grower aims at the top of the market
"We opened our greenhouse in 2014, and since then we are growing high quality crops for the higher segment in the market", said owner of the greenhouse is Elnur Jabbaerli. "With our brand Zire Agro, it is our goal to occupy a position in the top three greenhouse grown tomato brands in Azerbaijan."
Quality is the number one reason for Jabbaerli to invest in high end technology."Our customers expect that we deliver a very consistent product with a very high quality. In this way we are quite unique and we can position our tomatoes and eggplants in the market like a niche."
Together with consultant Alper Beşiroğlu, the growers at Zire Agro aim for the best results. "Thanks to our glasshouse, we can control the climate perfectly. But at the moment the season started challengingly for us; We planted on September 1 and the winter was way too cloudy and we lost a lot of light, this will seriously affect our production. This makes it extra challenging for us to grow a consistent crop. But the first fruits that we harvested were very neat and had a very uniform quality and so far the glasshouse is doing a great job."
According to crop consultant Alper Beşiroğlu, the coarse fruit size and weight of the produce at Zire Agro is favoured by the market. "Not many growers in this climate are able to grow such a fruit without the help of high tech technology. The hydroponic growing system with coir growing bags of Riococo for example, enables us to maintain a very consistent crop. The substrate in the bags provide a very homogeneous environment for our crops and thanks to the perfect mixes we even maintain to grow a good crop when we suffer from severe heat in the summer months."
Owner Elnur Jabbarlı announced that the company experienced good feedback from their customers so far and they will expand the business in the near future.
For more information about Riococo & Benimplast:
Benimplast / Benimtex
Direct contact with Riococo:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-22 US (MA): Extending the growing season with right combination of conditions, plants
- 2019-03-22 "First harvest of organic TOVs a little early this year"
- 2019-03-22 "Demand for locally grown produce will only grow"
- 2019-03-22 Nigeria: Growing better crops without soil
- 2019-03-21 CAN (ON): Three generations of greenhouse growth
- 2019-03-19 "We used to do everything ourselves, but nowadays we are more managers"
- 2019-03-18 Myanmar: How a 'sayar' took farming to a higher level
- 2019-03-15 "A thriving crop and a new weighing tower"
- 2019-03-14 Chinese award for Dutch strawberry sector
- 2019-03-14 Aldo van Os stops as a grower and is going to coach (organic) growers
- 2019-03-12 UK: Celebrating National Apprenticeship Week
- 2019-03-12 UK: Tomato grower calls Brexit a 'dream'
- 2019-03-11 Arab Women Leaders in Agriculture fellowship program opens call for applications
- 2019-03-11 Netherlands: Grower can continue dumping brine in the ground
- 2019-03-08 Nigerian government committed to boosting tomato production
- 2019-03-08 New overpressured greenhouse to protect young citrus plants
- 2019-03-07 Video: Trusted Freshness featured on Global Edmonton’s Trending show
- 2019-03-06 Greenhouse grower to focus on new Georgia facility at Southern Exposure
- 2019-03-06 "Up swell in the number of students interested in food production"
- 2019-03-06 US (WV): Microgreens a 'game changer' for the Appalachian community