- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- 21-year-old student establishes hydroponics business with only P1,000
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Zire Agro, Baku:
Azerbaijani grower aims at the top of the market
"We opened our greenhouse in 2014, and since then we are growing high quality crops for the higher segment in the market", said owner of the greenhouse is Elnur Jabbaerli. "With our brand Zire Agro, it is our goal to occupy a position in the top three greenhouse grown tomato brands in Azerbaijan."
Quality is the number one reason for Jabbaerli to invest in high end technology."Our customers expect that we deliver a very consistent product with a very high quality. In this way we are quite unique and we can position our tomatoes and eggplants in the market like a niche."
Together with consultant Alper Beşiroğlu, the growers at Zire Agro aim for the best results. "Thanks to our glasshouse, we can control the climate perfectly. But at the moment the season started challengingly for us; We planted on September 1 and the winter was way too cloudy and we lost a lot of light, this will seriously affect our production. This makes it extra challenging for us to grow a consistent crop. But the first fruits that we harvested were very neat and had a very uniform quality and so far the glasshouse is doing a great job."
According to crop consultant Alper Beşiroğlu, the coarse fruit size and weight of the produce at Zire Agro is favoured by the market. "Not many growers in this climate are able to grow such a fruit without the help of high tech technology. The hydroponic growing system with coir growing bags of Riococo for example, enables us to maintain a very consistent crop. The substrate in the bags provide a very homogeneous environment for our crops and thanks to the perfect mixes we even maintain to grow a good crop when we suffer from severe heat in the summer months."
Owner Elnur Jabbarlı announced that the company experienced good feedback from their customers so far and they will expand the business in the near future.
For more information about Riococo & Benimplast:
Benimplast / Benimtex
Direct contact with Riococo:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-20 Improve greenhouse management efficiency to counter lack of labor
- 2022-06-14 No drama with climate management at Drama greenhouse, Greece
- 2022-06-06 Leafy greens and vine crops grow in tropical Thai greenhouse
- 2022-06-06 Dubai grower helps tropical fruit thrive through modern methods
- 2022-06-02 New blueberry variety thriving at Australian grower
- 2022-05-27 Labor and inflation major challenges for the UK soft fruit industry
- 2022-05-25 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-23 "A horticulturist will always have a good foundation for a position with a breeder"
- 2022-05-20 Consuming environmentally sustainable food one beer at a time
- 2022-05-19 An entrepreneur from the Berdyuzhsky district opened a greenhouse for growing vegetables, seedlings, and herbs
- 2022-05-18 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-13 Ontario premier visits Canadian cucumber greenhouse
- 2022-05-09 US (MA): Roxbury’s Dudley greenhouse gives residents chance to grow their own food
- 2022-05-06 New innings: Pro sportsman trades cricket bat for aquaponics
- 2022-05-06 "You just can’t fool the consumer"
- 2022-05-02 Richard Ward wins the 2021 ANBP Award of Excellence
- 2022-05-02 Irish grower secures new €7.5M contract with Aldi
- 2022-04-22 "Cooperative marketing will prove its worth, even in times of crisis"
- 2022-04-22 Have a look in the Lufa Farms greenhouse
- 2022-04-22 India: Ex-accountant uses hydroponics to help thousands of farmers increase profits by 35%