- Cultivation specialist Floriculture
- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
- Global VP of Sales & Marketing
- Product Manager - Europe
- Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
- Head Grower in USA
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Study compares antioxidant levels in conventional vs greenhouse lettuce
- "We sold over 100 hectares of toplighting compact grow lights in the first year alone"
- The 10 biggest advantages of vertical farming
- 1,000 hectares of greenhouses affected by hail in Almeria
- How vertical farming is part of a "multi-agriculturalism" food system
Zire Agro, Baku:
Azerbaijani grower aims at the top of the market
"We opened our greenhouse in 2014, and since then we are growing high quality crops for the higher segment in the market", said owner of the greenhouse is Elnur Jabbaerli. "With our brand Zire Agro, it is our goal to occupy a position in the top three greenhouse grown tomato brands in Azerbaijan."
Quality is the number one reason for Jabbaerli to invest in high end technology."Our customers expect that we deliver a very consistent product with a very high quality. In this way we are quite unique and we can position our tomatoes and eggplants in the market like a niche."
Together with consultant Alper Beşiroğlu, the growers at Zire Agro aim for the best results. "Thanks to our glasshouse, we can control the climate perfectly. But at the moment the season started challengingly for us; We planted on September 1 and the winter was way too cloudy and we lost a lot of light, this will seriously affect our production. This makes it extra challenging for us to grow a consistent crop. But the first fruits that we harvested were very neat and had a very uniform quality and so far the glasshouse is doing a great job."
According to crop consultant Alper Beşiroğlu, the coarse fruit size and weight of the produce at Zire Agro is favoured by the market. "Not many growers in this climate are able to grow such a fruit without the help of high tech technology. The hydroponic growing system with coir growing bags of Riococo for example, enables us to maintain a very consistent crop. The substrate in the bags provide a very homogeneous environment for our crops and thanks to the perfect mixes we even maintain to grow a good crop when we suffer from severe heat in the summer months."
Owner Elnur Jabbarlı announced that the company experienced good feedback from their customers so far and they will expand the business in the near future.
For more information about Riococo & Benimplast:
Benimplast / Benimtex
Direct contact with Riococo:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-20 Light-colored mini-zucchini from Calabria reach Northern Europe
- 2020-02-20 US (NJ): Camden County continues to grow during the new year
- 2020-02-20 "Our goal is to demonstrate that aquaponics can be very useful in Africa"
- 2020-02-19 Bangladesh: Farmer turns heads by growing on coco dust
- 2020-02-19 US (VA): Grower improves greenhouse operation with nanobubble solution
- 2020-02-17 'Herb start-up' in transitional phase
- 2020-02-14 Semi-closed greenhouse next step for innovative lettuce growers
- 2020-02-14 FAO launches hydroponics and aquaponics water-saving systems in Jordan
- 2020-02-13 US (MO): Organization uses lettuce as a lesson
- 2020-02-13 Farming on Mars: One Trailblazer's passion for aquaponics
- 2020-02-13 Indian duo grows more with less
- 2020-02-12 US (CO): New barn will get plenty of use by Two Roots Farm
- 2020-02-12 How a microfarm is bringing fresher produce to Dallas chefs
- 2020-02-11 How Tasty Tom successfully launched a new tomato variety
- 2020-02-11 Indian schools asked to create vegetable gardens for nutritious meal centres
- 2020-02-11 US (MI): Former Founders chairman pursues ‘future of farming' with hydroponic lettuce company
- 2020-02-10 Fioretto is the new special cauliflower by Tokita
- 2020-02-07 Zero-emission greenhouse production in Southwest France
- 2020-02-07 US (KY): Indoor fish farm gives chefs a tasty, unique edge
- 2020-02-07 Vietnamese farmers make a living by growing cucumbers