- Farm Operator - Kearny (NJ) USA
- Cultivation Manager - MI, USA
- Export Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager
- Grower (TX)
- Young Plant Program Manager (WA)
- Plant Pathologist - Kearny (NJ) USA
- Junior Grower - Avoine, France
- Sales Manager - Savannah, Georgia, USA
- Senior Accountmanager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- South Africa: How an innovative smaller supplier helped to keep tomatoes on Shoprite shelves
- Hydroponic pepper farm expands in India
- Scientists discover how to alter colour and ripening rates of tomatoes
- 6 common greenhouse pests and how to manage them
- "We store CO2 from the outside air to make plants grow faster"
Canada: Aquaponic pioneer Marc Laberge sells business, expansion slated for 2015
The team will be building new greenhouses in Québec this spring, based on Laberge's experience with commercial aquaponics. His new partner, Mr. Louis Chapdelaine, a recently retired engineer, managed one of Canada's largest construction firms. "He has a mission to make a difference in the way we grow, buy and consume our foods," said Laberge. "Consuming locally grown foods is high on our agenda. Mr. Chapdelaine and I both share the same opinions about pesticides and water economy, and we plan to make a difference."
M.Serge Vidal, ex partner , Marc Laberge, Louis Chapdelaine, and lawyer Vincent Frénette (BLG Law Firm)
The new facilities will use today's most advanced technologies while remaining organic and chemical free. Also on the agenda is bringing rooftop aquaponics to major cities in Canada to provide fresh organic fish and vegetables without having to truck the food from thousands of kilometres away.
For more information:
Cultures Aquaponiques M.L. inc.
Marc Laberge, President
35 rue Brissette
Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts (Québec) Canada
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-06-14 "New local production chain is courageous economic example"
- 2021-06-10 Young Nigerian farmer is merging his passion for technology with agriculture using hydroponics.
- 2021-06-07 $10m investment for Saudi salt-water growers Red Sea Farms
- 2021-06-04 Video: UK's 29 hectare non-fossil greenhouse
- 2021-06-03 France: First foundation stone laid of third production unit
- 2021-05-28 "There's no such thing as a home office in vegetable farming"
- 2021-05-27 Mexico: 157 acre acquisition announces start of Rising Park
- 2021-05-25 "High economic feasibility of growing vanilla in a greenhouse"
- 2021-05-24 British Tomato Fortnight kicks off
- 2021-05-21 French MP visits glasshouse grower
- 2021-05-20 Lancashire tomato grower bigs up British tomatoes at Blackpool Tower
- 2021-05-19 "Steady, controlled greenhouse expansion in British Columbia"
- 2021-05-18 US: AppHarvest to expand into berries and leafy greens
- 2021-05-13 High-tech greenhouse grows tomatoes with super-low CO2 emission
- 2021-05-13 Technology leads greenhouse farm’s growth
- 2021-05-11 Russian strawberry grower starts harvesting
- 2021-05-10 Failed harvests pull the plug on soft fruit grower
- 2021-05-07 UltraClima climate technology applied in Lipetsk greenhouses
- 2021-05-06 Significant interest for Alberta-grown sweet potatoes
- 2021-04-30 Zimbabwean propagator offers seedlings, training and technical support