- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Turnkey Vegetable Greenhouse Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -yesterday
- B.C. partners with industry on energy efficiency at Delta greenhouse
- "Greenhouse campus a game changer for S.C. farming"
- PL Light Systems releases leafy greens crop guide
- Proprietary tomato plant that alerts farmer via iPhone when it's sick
- IGS signs significant export deal with Jungle to supply French retail market
Top 5 -last week
- "Spend less time on your controls, but more quality time with your plants"
- Agroparks in the U.S. - a horn of plenty for investors?
- Can biopesticides help to protect crops against whiteflies?
- Autonomous peroxide generation system promises crop boost
- “We are developing a sustainable technology that uses 75% less LED lighting”
Top 5 -last month
- “If we really want to make a change, we should intensively invest in innovation and technique in Africa”
- "Algorithm predicted irrigation need much better than I can with 38 years experience"
- US (VA): $17 million hydroponic greenhouse operation being planned
- Increasing yield, while improving plant quality and driving down energy costs
- Get your copy of the Greenhouse Guide
Canada: Aquaponic pioneer Marc Laberge sells business, expansion slated for 2015
The team will be building new greenhouses in Québec this spring, based on Laberge's experience with commercial aquaponics. His new partner, Mr. Louis Chapdelaine, a recently retired engineer, managed one of Canada's largest construction firms. "He has a mission to make a difference in the way we grow, buy and consume our foods," said Laberge. "Consuming locally grown foods is high on our agenda. Mr. Chapdelaine and I both share the same opinions about pesticides and water economy, and we plan to make a difference."
M.Serge Vidal, ex partner , Marc Laberge, Louis Chapdelaine, and lawyer Vincent Frénette (BLG Law Firm)
The new facilities will use today's most advanced technologies while remaining organic and chemical free. Also on the agenda is bringing rooftop aquaponics to major cities in Canada to provide fresh organic fish and vegetables without having to truck the food from thousands of kilometres away.
For more information:
Cultures Aquaponiques M.L. inc.
Marc Laberge, President
35 rue Brissette
Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts (Québec) Canada
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-18 Jamaica: 100 growers to benefit from $3.6-million project
- 2020-09-18 European greenhouse fruit and vegetable producers launch a promotional campaign
- 2020-09-18 How growers prepare for hurricane season
- 2020-09-16 "Dutch greenhouse strawberry season starts in this year of extremes"
- 2020-09-16 lef Farms lends a helping hand... and a few acres of greens
- 2020-09-15 USDA investigates Fresno Unified fresh produce payments
- 2020-09-15 Katherine vegetable growers unite to plan ahead
- 2020-09-15 New greenhouse Koppert Cress: not full, but it will be surprising
- 2020-09-14 UK: Boxford Farms Ltd acquires strawberry grower Wallings Nursery Ltd
- 2020-09-11 Netherlands: Three generations of Verkade ready to complete tomato crop
- 2020-09-10 Take a look into Fall Creek Farm & Nursery in South Africa
- 2020-09-02 Women in agriculture… What are your leadership aspirations?
- 2020-09-01 Technician Theo builds high-tech greenhouse as a hobby
- 2020-08-31 Is vertical farming the future of herb cultivation?
- 2020-08-31 The urban farm rethinking the use of space in São Paulo
- 2020-08-31 More diversity in fresh cucumbers and a new delivery program for Windset Farms
- 2020-08-28 45 years in a Russian greenhouse: a veteran’s story
- 2020-08-28 “Organic herbs aren't the only thing that interests us; so does the social aspect”
- 2020-08-27 Cultivating perfection
- 2020-08-27 Women in Agribusiness Demeter Award recipients announced