- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Canada: Aquaponic pioneer Marc Laberge sells business, expansion slated for 2015
The team will be building new greenhouses in Québec this spring, based on Laberge's experience with commercial aquaponics. His new partner, Mr. Louis Chapdelaine, a recently retired engineer, managed one of Canada's largest construction firms. "He has a mission to make a difference in the way we grow, buy and consume our foods," said Laberge. "Consuming locally grown foods is high on our agenda. Mr. Chapdelaine and I both share the same opinions about pesticides and water economy, and we plan to make a difference."
M.Serge Vidal, ex partner , Marc Laberge, Louis Chapdelaine, and lawyer Vincent Frénette (BLG Law Firm)
The new facilities will use today's most advanced technologies while remaining organic and chemical free. Also on the agenda is bringing rooftop aquaponics to major cities in Canada to provide fresh organic fish and vegetables without having to truck the food from thousands of kilometres away.
For more information:
Cultures Aquaponiques M.L. inc.
Marc Laberge, President
35 rue Brissette
Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts (Québec) Canada
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 New Delhi farmer turns to hydroponics, educates others nowadays
- 2023-09-29 Malaysia: Vanilla farm based on aquaponics, open for tours
- 2023-09-28 UAE: Emirati farmer who grows 4,000 pineapples annually says farming in the desert is easy
- 2023-09-27 Tide to table: growing salmon and leafy greens in America's Dairyland
- 2023-09-27 Maharashtra farmer feeds his entire tomato crop to his cows
- 2023-09-26 US (CO): Harvest season is in full swing in Southern Colorado
- 2023-09-26 6 years after Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rico residents and farms take recovery into their own hands
- 2023-09-26 First boxes of microgreens delivered to customers in Northern Norway
- 2023-09-21 US (MA): Lancaster refugee farm destroyed by flooding
- 2023-09-21 “Smaller growers are very, very isolated"
- 2023-09-19 Pure Harvest eyes further growth with $150m strategic Richel Group Partnership
- 2023-09-18 Spain: Japanese strawberry variety allows better market entry and brand growth
- 2023-09-18 Denmark: Nordic Greens opens automonous greenhouse
- 2023-09-18 US (OH): “There is really no prescription for this type of farming. We're still figuring out how to make it better"
- 2023-09-14 US (NY): Taking on the Eastcoast in phased expansion, raising another $10 million
- 2023-09-12 US (FL): Greenhouse, classrooms grow on John Rivers’ Packing District farm
- 2023-09-11 US (OR): Immigrant farmers grow hard-to-find pantry staples
- 2023-09-11 "Sales have been at constant levels since the middle of July"
- 2023-09-07 US (UT): Greenhouse farm cultivates community through hydroponics
- 2023-09-06 Kenya: Kirinyaga government supports tomato growers in building horti infrastructure