- Key Account Manager | German Speaking | Aldi Süd
- Teelt Planner - Beheerder containersysteem
- Operationeel Manager (MT-lid), USA
- Junior Product Manager - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Cultivation Manager - New Castle (PA) USA
- Product Manager - United States
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Junior Account Manager - Central Europe
Top 5 -yesterday
- Ridder adds robotics to its portfolio with MetoMotion investment
- Denis Dullemans and Nico van der Houwen bid farewell to Agrolux
- Dutch companies raided for making their own remedy against ToBRFV
- "It's more than hot air Boris, it’s our future and the nation’s food supply"
- Plant growers updated on lighting and ToBRFV
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Spain will ban selling fruit and vegetables in plastic containers starting 2023
- Chinese scientists grow rice that yields twice faster in hydroponic experiment
- Rebranded Houweling's Group partners with new California greenhouse company
- Why the North American lettuce market is booming
- Mucci Farms expands West and starts exclusive marketing agreement
Canada: Aquaponic pioneer Marc Laberge sells business, expansion slated for 2015
The team will be building new greenhouses in Québec this spring, based on Laberge's experience with commercial aquaponics. His new partner, Mr. Louis Chapdelaine, a recently retired engineer, managed one of Canada's largest construction firms. "He has a mission to make a difference in the way we grow, buy and consume our foods," said Laberge. "Consuming locally grown foods is high on our agenda. Mr. Chapdelaine and I both share the same opinions about pesticides and water economy, and we plan to make a difference."
M.Serge Vidal, ex partner , Marc Laberge, Louis Chapdelaine, and lawyer Vincent Frénette (BLG Law Firm)
The new facilities will use today's most advanced technologies while remaining organic and chemical free. Also on the agenda is bringing rooftop aquaponics to major cities in Canada to provide fresh organic fish and vegetables without having to truck the food from thousands of kilometres away.
For more information:
Cultures Aquaponiques M.L. inc.
Marc Laberge, President
35 rue Brissette
Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts (Québec) Canada
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-09-24 Tour through small, efficient hydroponic farm
- 2021-09-23 "We have finally solved the New Delhi problem on courgettes grown in open fields"
- 2021-09-23 Bill Gates' tech fund invests heavily in in autonomous growing company
- 2021-09-20 China: Will Evergrande pay creditors back with their greenhouse?
- 2021-09-17 UK grower harvests 839 tomatoes from a single stem
- 2021-09-16 Fresh produce grower works with Mexican government to increase trade
- 2021-09-16 Texas growers lose millions following weather challenges
- 2021-09-15 “Potential tomato greenhouse projects halted due to Russian uncertainty”
- 2021-09-15 "We harvest about 5 tons of tomatoes less, just for this greenhouse"
- 2021-09-14 Good results in the glasshouse and strong take up from customers led to triple Tomberry production
- 2021-09-14 "Solar panels above raspberry crops benefit everyone"
- 2021-09-13 Consistency strengthens the brand when it comes to table tomatoes
- 2021-09-13 Red greenhouse grown Batavia lettuce increasingly popular
- 2021-09-10 Soft fruit left unpicked in UK tunnels
- 2021-09-10 Nature Fresh Farms doubles Ohio operations with more organic acreage
- 2021-09-10 A look inside at Hoogweg Paprika: a 100+ hectare pepper greenhouse
- 2021-09-09 US (NS): Demand for fresh herbs has skyrocketed at local farm
- 2021-09-08 Belgian bell pepper grower resumes own sorting on upgraded farm
- 2021-09-08 "Retailers' move to year-round Dutch soft fruit is great news for our growers"
- 2021-09-07 Strong demand anticipated for organic eggplant