According to the operational data of the management bodies of the agro-industrial complex of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation, as of October 28, 2020, 1,090.9 thousand tons of vegetables were harvested in winter greenhouses, which is 21% higher than the indicator for the same period of 2019 (903.9 thousand tons) and 36% higher than in 2018 (804.7 thousand tons), Rusteplica reports.
Of these, the gross harvest of greenhouse cucumbers is 661.9 thousand tons, which is 20% higher than the same period in 2019 (552.4 thousand tons) and 35% higher than in 2018 (491.2 thousand tons). Recently it was announced that greenhouse cucumbers from the Moscow region would be exported to the EU.
Tomatoes harvested 409.9 thousand tons, which is 21% higher than the same period in 2019 (338.8 thousand tons) and 36% higher than in 2018 (300.9 thousand tons).
The ten leaders among the entities for the production of vegetables in winter greenhouses include:
- Lipetsk region – 106.7 thousand tons;
- Krasnodar Territory – 102.1 thousand tons;
- Moscow region – 78.9 thousand tons;
- Stavropol Territory – 78.5 thousand tons;
- Volgograd region – 54.3 thousand tons;
- Kaluga Region – 51.3 thousand tons;
- Republic of Bashkortostan – 47.0 thousand tons;
- Karachay-Cherkess Republic – 39.9 thousand tons;
- Novosibirsk region – 36.3 thousand tons;
- Republic of Tatarstan – 33.9 thousand tons.