Rijk Zwaan’s sweet pointed pepper Sweet Palermo has been chosen as Taste of the year 2020 by an independent group of consumers specialised in sensory analyses. The seal “Taste of the year” represents more than 20 years of experience in Europe and 10 year experience in Spain.
The selection was based on the critical opinion of a consumer panel, consisting of 80 Spanish consumers who eat peppers more often. 93% of the consumer panel stated that they would purchase Sweet Palermo in preference to other similar peppers.
Javier García Rigol (Chain Specialist) and Elisabet Expósito Granero (Marketing Specialist) from Rijk Zwaan Ibérica received the award during the awards ceremony on 20 February in Valencia (Spain).
"This recognition is a boost for the Sweet Palermo brand, confirming its characteristic flavour and quality, making it an easy choice for the consumer”, says Javier García Rigol, Chain Specialist at Rijk Zwaan Ibérica.
The "Taste of the year" award joins the list of previous accolades bestowed upon Sweet Palermo:
- 2012: Best Sweet Pepper in the Netherlands, award in the Foodlog New Fresh category.
- 2015: Product of the Year at Fresh Market 2015, Poland
- 2018: FICA Netherlands, Summer Event; Sweet Palermo Red Pepper with Chocolate recipe
- 2018: Almería Gourmet Awards
- 2020: “Sabor del Año 2020”/”Taste of the Year 2020”, Spain
For more information: