Since July 2019, the Department of Agriculture and Industries’ (ADAI) Plant Section, in collaboration with Alabama Interactive, has launched eight online applications. The applications allow ADAI to collect information and payments online, increasing efficiencies for customers and the department.
All online solutions are fully responsive and can be accessed on multiple devices. This allows for efficient reporting on-the-go and increased productivity.
The online services with key features include:
- Ginseng Dealers – Register or renew permits, report harvest locations, process state fee payments and list dealership location(s)
- Ginseng Collectors – Purchase or renew collectors permit
- Nursery Dealer – Upload or enter stock source lists, purchase shipping tags and record dealership location(s)
- Nursery Grower – Register nursery, upload or enter stock source lists and purchase shipping tags
- Apiary – Register hives and process permit application or permit renewals. Record number of bee colonies, upload or enter brand information and document hive location(s)
- Hemp Grower – Register growing location details, provide company information profile, required background checks and aerial photographs of hemp growing/processing locations
- Hemp Processor/Handler – Store licensee information and report processing/handling hemp locations, required background checks and aerial photographs of hemp growing/processing locations.
- Hemp University – Record research facilities and involved parties, required background checks and aerial photographs of hemp growing/processing locations.
Source: Alabama Government