The importance of food and diet in healing and medical treatments is becoming much more widely recognized, so it is only natural for hospitals to realize the value of providing local, organic food to their patients. Having a farm onsite adds to the wellness culture, not only by providing nutritious food but also by creating a sensory experience for patients to connect with nature. One such institution getting involved in food and sustainability is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Agritecture interviewed Kevin Krueger, the Procurement and Sustainability Manager at St. Jude, and learned about the hospital’s urban agriculture initiatives.
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 UAE: Emirati farmer who grows 4,000 pineapples annually says farming in the desert is easy
- 2023-09-27 Tide to table: growing salmon and leafy greens in America's Dairyland
- 2023-09-27 Maharashtra farmer feeds his entire tomato crop to his cows
- 2023-09-26 US (CO): Harvest season is in full swing in Southern Colorado
- 2023-09-26 6 years after Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rico residents and farms take recovery into their own hands
- 2023-09-26 First boxes of microgreens delivered to customers in Northern Norway
- 2023-09-21 US (MA): Lancaster refugee farm destroyed by flooding
- 2023-09-21 “Smaller growers are very, very isolated"
- 2023-09-19 Pure Harvest eyes further growth with $150m strategic Richel Group Partnership
- 2023-09-18 Spain: Japanese strawberry variety allows better market entry and brand growth
- 2023-09-18 Denmark: Nordic Greens opens automonous greenhouse
- 2023-09-18 US (OH): “There is really no prescription for this type of farming. We're still figuring out how to make it better"
- 2023-09-14 US (NY): Taking on the Eastcoast in phased expansion, raising another $10 million
- 2023-09-12 US (FL): Greenhouse, classrooms grow on John Rivers’ Packing District farm
- 2023-09-11 US (OR): Immigrant farmers grow hard-to-find pantry staples
- 2023-09-11 "Sales have been at constant levels since the middle of July"
- 2023-09-07 US (UT): Greenhouse farm cultivates community through hydroponics
- 2023-09-06 Kenya: Kirinyaga government supports tomato growers in building horti infrastructure
- 2023-09-05 “We harvest and we seed everyday, but we still do it with about 12 folks"
- 2023-09-05 India: Deputy Chief Minister visited hydroponic farm