The importance of food and diet in healing and medical treatments is becoming much more widely recognized, so it is only natural for hospitals to realize the value of providing local, organic food to their patients. Having a farm onsite adds to the wellness culture, not only by providing nutritious food but also by creating a sensory experience for patients to connect with nature. One such institution getting involved in food and sustainability is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Agritecture interviewed Kevin Krueger, the Procurement and Sustainability Manager at St. Jude, and learned about the hospital’s urban agriculture initiatives.
- Managing Director - Holland
- Farm Manager - Abu Dhabi
- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Little Leaf Farms goes on expansion spree
- 30 vintage Jaguars found in old greenhouse
- "Spain must take ToBRFV seriously to prevent tomato cultivation from being threatened"
- From 10 to 20 to 40 acres
- "Following the online water content in the substrate will improve irrigation efficiency significantly"
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-12 Netherlands: Harvesting strawberry till the 1st of December: ‘that’s unique’
- 2019-12-11 US (NY): Farm.One featured on Atlas Obscura
- 2019-12-11 Jim Trogdon makes a big splash with his Middle School hydroponic classroom
- 2019-12-11 Local distributor helping ATV Farms after a devastating fire
- 2019-12-11 Lose the tomatoes, bring in the sand
- 2019-12-11 US (VT): Norwich farm moves to new owners
- 2019-12-11 "We were raised with biological crop protection"
- 2019-12-10 Russia: More vegetables and roses from Yaroslavsky greenhouse complex
- 2019-12-10 Growing herbs for export in Kenya
- 2019-12-09 Israeli grower has 15 ha of basil
- 2019-12-09 UnitedAg celebrates academy graduation for WomenAg and Emerging Leaders Academy
- 2019-12-06 'The queen of flowers on a plate'
- 2019-12-06 US (PA): Winter greens grown in ‘tunnels’
- 2019-12-06 New Zealand: Picking season is nearing for Southland's only blueberry farm
- 2019-12-05 "We push the crop to its limits to get the unique Adora flavor"
- 2019-12-03 Dutch tomatoes shine in documentary
- 2019-12-03 Class in a glasshouse – new film goes behind the scenes in the Lea Valley
- 2019-12-02 Greenhouses allow for earlier melon production in China
- 2019-12-02 Russia: Vysokovsky are planting winter cucumbers
- 2019-12-02 Putting the flavor back in the tomato in the UAE