Today the organizers announced their decision to continue with Asia Fruit Logistica 2019 on 4-6 September 2019 as planned, with Asiafruit Congress on 3 September 2019.
The decision is based on a representative majority opinion of exhibitors. "We aimed for a well-founded and speedy decision after raising the question to all primary exhibitors and collecting feedback from as many exhibitors as possible over the past 72 hours," said the organisation.
They point out that the situation in Hong Kong continues to be challenging and developments are very hard to foresee.
The forecast on visitor attendance is based on pre-show sales and indicates an attendance of 80% of last year’s levels, but points out that 15% of visitors purchase their tickets onsite. The organisation expects a positive attendee turnout.
Ten things to do to be as safe as possible in Hong Kong:
1. Pay close attention to flight information (both inbound and outbound flights),
2. Exercise increased caution,
3. Avoid large public gatherings,
4. Inform yourself about local traffic situation as possible temporary road closures and disruptions on public transport may happen,
5. Hence follow the advice of local authorities,
6. Monitor local media,
7. Don’t wear black or white shirts,
8. Keep your passport with you,
9. Make hotel arrangements nearby the AsiaWorld Expo centre
10. Follow Asia Fruit Logistica updates on the website and social media channels.