The 2019 Canadian Produce Marketing Association Convention and Trade Show was a resounding success the organizers say, exceeding the size of all past shows in Montreal. Exhibitors representing over 300 companies accounted for 53,500 square feet of booth space on the Trade Show floor. Among those were 143 international exhibitors, 132 Canadian exhibitors (including 30 exhibitors from Quebec), and 39 first-time exhibitors. The 2019 New Product Showcase included 54 products from 39 different companies. We've photographed them for you - but there's more to be taken care of.
CPMA said it would particularly like to congratulate the winners of this year’s awards. The following individuals and companies earned honours at this year’s event:
- CPMA Lifetime Achievement Award – Bernadette Hamel formerly of Metro Richelieu Inc.
- Produce Person of the Year Award – Les Mallard of Fyffes North America Inc.
- Mary Fitzgerald Award – Ryan Goad of Loblaw Companies
- CPMA Corporate Culture Award – Canadawide Fruit Wholesalers Inc.
- Fresh Health Award – EarthFresh.
The team at EarthFresh, who won both the Fresh Health Award and the Best Island Booth Award.
Best Booth Awards
- Best Island Booth Award – EarthFresh (booth 809)
- Best Inline Booth Award – Fresherized Foods (Wholly Guacamole) (booth 1621)
- Best First-Time Exhibitor Booth – Greenhouse (booth 1930)
New Product Showcase Awards
- Best New Product Award – Caulilini® Sweet Stem® Cauliflower by Mann Packing Co. Inc.
- Freggie Approved Product Award – CuteCumber™ Poppers by Mucci Farms
- Packaging Innovation Award – "Zip Pop" Dual compartment Steam bag by Schur Star Systems Inc.
- Organics Award – SUNSET® Organic Angel Sweet® by Mastronardi Produce Ltd.
The team of Mucci Farms proudly shows the Freggie Approved Product Award for its CuteCumber Poppers.
The Sunset/Mastronardi team won the Organics Award for its SUNSET® Organic Angel Sweet®.
Mann Packing took out the Best New Product Award with the Caulilini® Sweet Stem® Cauliflower
CPMA mentioned that it thanks all sponsors, volunteers, exhibitors and attendees for making this event possible and looks forward to welcoming everyone in Toronto, Ontario, from May 12th to 14th, 2020, to taste The Flavours of the World.