- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- Zimbabwe: 'Take advantage of demand for organic crops'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Photo report: First edition HortEx Vietnam
Check out the photo report here
Avner Shohet of TAP (Teshuva Agricultural Projects) & 2B Fresh, helping the local market setting up hydroponic projects
A delegation of Australian vegetable growers and industry representatives recently attended the HortEx exhibition in Vietnam. The group was led by Michael Tran of the Western Victoria Vegetable Growers Association with the aim of looking at new developments, and also the potential for exporting Australian products into the developing Vietnamese market. The group also toured a number of farms in the Da Lat region after the exhibition to see first hand how the industry is placed to go forwards with the help of technology.
Visitors and exhibitors
The HortEx Vietnam united participants from over 20 countries worldwide and active either in floriculture or in (supplying) horticulture. From the suppliers part, the Netherlands and Italy were represented strongly. Of the floral participants, most were Taiwanese. The visitors of the exhibition originated from South-East Asian countries mainly: Cambodia, Thailand, Philippines, Taiwan, but also up to Korea, Australia, China, US and India.
Most suppliers participating in the show were pleased with the amount and level of visitors. Judging by the interest shown in their products, the market is promising to suppliers. "We have to see how it turns out, but the interest in our products is serious."
Frank Hermans & Luuk Runia (Asian Perlite / Greenhouse Solutions), together with Hans Belt & JP Papaioannou (30 MHz), checking out the opportunities for sensors in the market
Quiedan Company: design, manufacturing and distribution of greenhouse structures. 'Everything grows better with structure'
Both horticulture and floriculture in Vietnam and surrounding countries are scaling up currently. Due to a rising market demand, greenhouses are replacing open field production. Also the government has several development packages, including a VND100-trillion ($4.4 billion) one to develop hi-tech agriculture.
Check out the photo report here
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 Webinar: ‘Opportunities in crop protection in Vietnam’
- 2022-06-24 2022 NCERA-101 Annual/International Meeting in Arizona
- 2022-06-24 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-24 Grand Finals Urban Greenhouse Challenge #3
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-23 Global Produce & Floral Show launches
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-21 German fresh-cut sector needs to catch up with countries such as the Netherlands, UK and USA
- 2022-06-21 Priva hosted an event for various ambassadors and representatives
- 2022-06-20 Light Science Technologies will share expertise at Indoor AgTech
- 2022-06-20 Brace yourselves - GreenTech pictures are here
- 2022-06-17 UKRI awards more than £8m to innovative new farming concepts
- 2022-06-17 Bye bye GreenTech - Monday it's picture time
- 2022-06-17 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses on nutrient management level 1 starts July 11
- 2022-06-16 Final hours of GreenTech get going
- 2022-06-16 Dutch growers welcome visitors during sunny edition of 'Visit the greenhouse'
- 2022-06-15 GreenTech making a comeback
- 2022-06-14 Delphy organizes a well-visited Field Day
- 2022-06-14 Good start for GreenTech
- 2022-06-13 Getting ready for GreenTech: here's your practical information